III: Darkness Meets Light

"Stars, hide your fires; Let not light see my black and deep desires." - William Shakespeare

Aurora's P.O.V

Bloodthirsty. Eager to shed blood. Murderous. That's what we vampires were. That's what I was and I detested it. I never chose this. As a matter of fact I never wanted this. Yea, immortality right? Being young and beautiful forever, yet what's the point of that when you see everyone you know or loved die. There's no such thing as companionship for us. The only companionship we vampires have is death who we welcome along with darkness and hell ofcourse. Unless you have another vampire, then that's your little haven I guess you can say, yet again another vampire is simply darkness. No matter how much we seek for light we will never find it. We will always come across darkness in the end. We are bound to hell, it's what I can call our home. Now that I know hell exists I also know now that there is such thing as a heaven. I still remember the day I was converted to this thing I am as if it were just yesterday. The thoughts cloud my mind almost making me cry but I can't. I shook my bloody thoughts away as I took a deep breathe allowing the cold wind to hit my face as my feet continued walking forward to the bloody school. I hate school. I really do. I've graduated darn near 14 times already anyway. Why must I continue going? Oh, that's right. To blend in. After 20 minutes of walking in human speed I arrived at Collins High School. Joy to the world!!

I began to look around me, taking in the site, to which surprisingly I found it quite beautiful and intriguing. Something weird actually pulled me in to this school, something the others didn't. When I found the way to the office I pulled on the door, the scent of human blood running through it's veins reaching my sense of smell. My eyebrows furrowed in anger at the thirst that was beginning to reach my cravings when a voice finally spoke.

"Name, dear?" The elderly receptionist questioned as she stared at me in a sense of awe.

"Aurora Knight." I replied nicely.

She nodded shooting me a polite smile as she searched through her desk looking for her paperwork as I looked around the office. More humans sat in other room's clicking away on the keyboard unaware of my presence.

"Here you go dear. If you have any questions on how to find your classes don't hesitate to ask me or anyone on campus. I'm sure noone would mind helping you." I nodded and gave her a sweet smile as she handed me my schedule along with a school map.

"Thank you very much." I said and with that I was out the door walking back to the chilly air.

I walked around absentmindedly reading the papers in my hand, ignoring everyone I walked past and all the stares I felt engraving themselves in my body. I hated when people stared. It truly pissed me off. Humans just can't seem to mind their own business. Then again I can't fully blame them, since perks of being a vampire is our looks that pulls humans to us. Still I hated it. I finally decided to look up to meet the eyes of those who were curious to see a full on view of my face and like I had in theory, there were several pairs of eyes looking at me. I cocked my eyebrow and gave a small smirk as I hurridly walked down a new hall only to bump into someone knocking them down on the floor. My eyes widened as I looked down to find a girl plastered on the floor with her books thrown around her.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't see ya there." I said quickly as I bent down to gather her books.

"It's ok. I'm kinda used to it anyway. I can be quite the clumsy one." I heard the girl say as she got up from the floor patting down any dirt she had on her jeans.

Once gathered all her books and notebooks I got up meeting her at eye level.

"I like your drawings." I commented as I pointed to a specific notebook I held in my arms.