IX: Boy Who Cried Wolf

"Life only comes around once, so do whatever makes you happy, and be with whoever makes you smile."

Aurora's P.O.V

"You're my darkness. You're the darkness I crave. You're my moon."

I gasped at his words, as they had literally sucked the living breathe out of me, that is if I had any breathe. This beautiful tanned boy will never fail to amaze me, yet at the same time he is so irritating and confusing. Currently I wasn't too sure of how to feel. I tried processing his words slowly, but no matter how much I tried, my baffled expression would never leave my countenance.

I mean, how would you feel if the boy you hand grown a slight attraction to always pushes you away and then all of a sudden tells you that your his moon? Just the thought of it makes me want to slap him to get some sense into him, then again that didn't stop the weakness from my knees to arouse, nor the uneasy sick feeling in the pit of my stomach to stop, nor the flutter of my heart to vanish.

"Aurora, say something. Please." I heard Zayn say, as he grasped my small hand in between his, his eyes searching for mine in a pleading manner.

Never in my life had I seen him in such state. Never had I seen him so vulnerable, so humble, and so weak, yet so handsome at the same time. I tried avoiding his gaze but couldn't when I knew inches away, his eyes were piercing right through mine in search of an answer.

"Shit. I fucked up didn't I?" He sighed, as he withdrew his hand from mine, running it through his hair instead.

I opened my mouth slightly to say something, but nothing came out. I didn't know what to say. I couldn't accept him or anyone. I couldn't do this. Not after him. I felt the tears striving to run down my cheeks again at the simple thought of him. I let out a small sniff, as I quickly wiped the small moisture in my eyes.

"Fuck, Rora. Please don't cry. I didn't mean to cause you any harm. Please, just please don't cry. I hate to see you cry. If it makes you feel better I'll leave."

I let out a small laugh as I shook my head. He was actually very adorable when he was worried. I remained silent, as I reached out for his hand, grabbing ahold of it within my two small ones, ignoring the electric sparks igniting within our touch. He looked at me confused, yet his eyes softened when I shot him a small smile.

We stayed like that for a while, just listening to the beauty of the forest, and for the first time in a long time I felt complete. I felt like everything was going to be okay. I was going to be okay because Zayn was right by my side. And right now, that's all that mattered. I rubbed small circles on his hand with my thumb as I leaned unto his shoulder, feeling the warmth of his embrace. But the moment didn't last long, just like all the beautiful things in this world. Right when I was finally going to speak, a loud unexpected howl pierced through the forest, echoing through the trees, causing all the birds to fly away towards the sky heading who knows where.

Another howl was evoked from the forest, this one even louder than the first, and the sound of it wasn't welcoming. My head perked up, looking towards the direction of the sound, my eyes scanning any possible sign of movement. The wolf. He's back, but at this time? While the sun was still shining bright? How odd. My brows furrowed in concentration as more howls evoked the entire forest.

"Rora, you have to get out of here. Now." Zayn said, as he squeezed my hand lightly.

I turned to look at Zayn, who was just as confused as I was, trying to figure out what was currently happening. In fact, he seemed to be going through an inner battle with himself, unknowing of what to do. His eyes scanned the forest crazily, his chest beginning to heave, as small beads of sweat began to form on his temple.