XIII: Moonlight

Aurora's P.O.V

Chills form on my body as I stare down at the white pair of Nike's. The familiar smell lingering unto my nostrils, evident that I was currently not dreaming. He really was here.

"Rora?" He asks, his voice deeper than usual. "Are you alright?"

I don't even bother to look up, as I harshly rub the moisture from my eyes. There's no way in hell he can see me crying. No way in hell he'd see me in such vulnerable state.

When I don't answer a hand wraps themselves around my wrist, as he uses the other hand to place it under my chin. The soft touch bringing me a soothing feeling, yet lighting my skin on fire at such simple gesture. Gently and slowly he pulls my chin up to be met up with a pair of hazel gold eyes full of concern and worry. A demeanor I was not used to seeing from him, being in contrast from his usual cocky self.

"Aurora." He purrs, making my ears ring in ecstasy just by the way my name sounded coming out of his mouth. "What's wrong? Are you crying?"

Quickly I flinch away from him in annoyance as I stare down at the ground. I bit on my cheek to restrain me from crying, not letting a tear slip down my cheek anymore. One thing I probably hated the most besides having people seeing me cry is when people ask me what's wrong. It simply makes things worse by making you an emotional mess with all the memories replaying on your head again.

"Why are you here?" I snapped.

"Why are you here?" He asked back.

"I asked first."

"And I asked second." He smiled weakly.

"Ugh." I groaned. "That makes no sense."

"I'm a very confusing person."

"No. You're a very mysterious person actually."

"Mysterious. I like that." He smirked devilishly.

"What do you want Zayn?"

"I want to know why someone so beautiful like you is alone in the forest. It's dangerous out here."

I felt my motionless cold 'heart' flutter, a heat wave swoon my body, and a billion million butterflies in my stomach at the sound of him calling me beautiful. He thinks I'm beautiful.

"If it's so dangerous then why are you out here?" I questioned.

"I'm the mysterious one remember?" He laughs. "C'mon Rora. Tell me what's wrong."

Zayn looks down at me, his eyebrows furrowed together, hazel eyes focused on my face.

"I don't want your damn pity." I tell him.

"Guess you're stuck with my company then." He smiles, as he sits himself down beside me.

"Making yourself comfortable I see."

"Well, if I'm going to be here all day with you, then I certainly must get comfortable."

"So you're going to just sit there?"

"Yup." He says.

I nod, as I break eye contact from him. The awkward silence over taking us as we both stare at the beautiful and peaceful river ahead of us.

"Me and my mum used to come here sometimes." He whispers, causing me to turn and look at him again. "And it's funny because we used to sit at this exact spot right here. She'd sit right where you are sitting right now."

I don't say anything as I stare at him. I watch as his eyes are suddenly glowing at the mention of his mom, a huge smile appearing on his face as he stares over at the river.