IX: Masquerade

"Maybe you have to know the darkness before you can appreciate the light."

Aurora's P.O.V

Despite all that had happened that night, life moved on and we had to continue with our daily routine. Only thing different is that ever since that night, the wolf appeared in my dreams. Every morning I'd wake up to the image of those beautiful hazel eyes staring back at me, waiting for me to see him again, but I couldn't. It's been a week since the encounter and according to my father I'm not allowed to go to the forest by myself, not even to hunt, unless Jasper is with me. Which sucks, not that I didn't want Jasper to be with me, just that the forest was my only little haven and comfort I had, it's peaceful environment soothing me from my dreadful reality, and now that was taken away from me. Everything was taken away from me actually. I was stuck in a hell hole alone. Stuck at home, in my room with the "perfect family".

Avoiding Zayn Malik this week has been easy. Well sort of. I'll admit it's been a challenge, and as stupid as this sounds, I actually missed the beautiful tanned boy, with the black quiff and cocky personality. In Paralegal class, he'd walk in, yet he wouldn't look my way at all, he wouldn't even acknowledge me. As much as I tried to avoid him, I couldn't. I'd see him everywhere. I'd see him in passing period either walking by himself or walking with his friends, or randomly talking to people who greeted him as he passed by, yet when he knew I was nearby he'd look the other way so his eyes would never meet mine. And let me tell ya, that the feeling hurt to be ignored. As for his friends, I barely even saw them. Not that I cared, just I was stuck with Marina the entire time. The girl followed me everywhere always babbling about random stuff, but there were times I actually enjoyed her presence. The feeling of being wanted around was present when I was around her.

Finally, school had ended and it was now the weekend. Thank the heavens it finally came. No more dealing with awkward tension until Monday. For once, I could actually enjoy this weekend, forget all about the bullshit with Zayn and just do me time. The thought of having time for myself made me crack a smile as I walked down the hallways towards the parking lot. Once outside the busy transitted parking lot, I stood besides the usual bench, waiting for Jasper to pick me up. That bloodsucker was always late. Damn you Jasper.

I stared across the lot, watching everyone go home as I waited, when my eyes suddenly met with the familiar hazel eyes. I tore my gaze away from his, rolling my eyes in annoyance as I stared down on the floor.

Pfft. So now the cocky asshole dares to look at me? After a week of avoiding me, now is when he wants to look at me?! Bastard.

"Hey Aurora."

I stopped cursing under my breathe at the sound of my name, causing me to look up from the ground to settle upon a pair of beautiful ocean blue eyes.

"Hey Louis." I smiled.

"You ok there?" He chuckled.

"Oh I'm fine. Just waiting for my brother to pick me up, that's all."

"Want me to give you a ride?" He offered.

"I'd accept the offer but I'm sure my brother will be here any minute. Thank you though. You're so sweet Lou." I grinned.

"No problem. Well Aurora. Remember that thing I asked you about last week? About c-coming to a the party w-with me. Well it's t-tonight and was w-wondering if you'd like to be my date tonight.....to the p-party." He asked nervously.

I watched as his cheeks began to redden, his nervousness was clearly adorable. Who would have known Louis Tomlinson as the shy guy when asking a girl out. I laughed lightly. He was so cute. I gave a quick glance to check and see if Zayn had left already and to my surprise he was still there, leaning against his black Bentley, watching me intently, anger clearly written on his face, as one of his hands was curled up into a fist, as if he was jealous.