XV: Nightmare

"Every moment of light and dark is a miracle."

Zayn's P.O.V

Rage. That was all I felt. An uncontrollable violent anger coursed through my veins as I finished winning my battle, as I proved I was much more dominant and powerful. I stumbled my way around the forest I knew so well, limping from my current bloody wound on my leg, from where my fellow lad had bitten me. At least I can say he put up a good fight. It felt good, so so good to fight against someone. It felt good to hurt another and show them who was stronger. I had felt alive as all my anger was taken out on him.

After a few more minutes of limping I made my way to the part of the forest where our wolf "headquarters" was located, to notice everyone in the entire pack staring at me as I walked in. The forest grew silent as no one made a sound.

"Why so serious?" I snorted, as I made my way to my tent to attempt to get cleaned up.

Before I had the chance to step inside my tent, I felt a strong hand grab me by my shoulder to fling me across the dirt, my body hitting the solid ground with a hard thud, a muffled moan escaping my lips.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" Zayden asked as he approached me, his tall body hovering over my crouched one on the floor.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I groaned in pain.

"You know damn well what I'm talking about. Your wounds fail to support your claim." He says, as he crosses his arms together. "Dad is going to kill you."

"At least I died with a purpose and not in vain." I chuckle.

"Is all this a joke to you?" He scoffs. "We are supposed to stick together. We are all that's left of us."

"I am very much aware. Just tell that to that little pet of yours." I spit, as I stand up giving my brother a hard solid menacing glare.

"He's my best friend Zayn. Unlike you who's a disappointment to this family."

"Oh fuck off Zayden."

"Enough!" A loud voice boomed.

I recognize my father's loud dominant voice as my gaze meets with his.

"Come here Zayn." He orders.

I look up at my brother once more, my nostrils flaring with anger, as I shove him harshly before making my way towards my dad. I wear a smug smile on my face as I look up at my dad, who only stares back at me with the eyes of a monster.

"Wipe that stupid smile of yours now, else I'll do it." He threatens.

I frown, quirking my head to the side, as I try to return the same horrid stare of his.

"Who do you think you are huh? You think you're some powerful wolf who can do whatever he pleases?"

"I don't think I am, dad. I am a powerful wolf and I can do whatever the fuck I want." I hiss.

A deep growl is heard from deep inside his chest as he throws a solid punch in my face, causing me to stumble back. I feel the blood slowly crawling down from my nose, as I look back at him with threatening eyes, wiping the blood off with the back of my hand as it dripped down my lips.

"Listen here now boy. I am the Alpha of this pack, and I will not tolerate my own son running around doing as he pleases without my consent. I will not tolerate the fact of you putting us in danger for your own selfish needs. The fact that you fought with your own pack is disappointing enough."

"I'll add that to the list of my disappointments I cause." I spit.

"Jace is one of us. Did you forget that?"