XI: Beauty & the Beast

Aurora's P.O.V

"So you're the famous Aurora Knight. I would have never known I'd meet another vampire in my own party." He smirked.

"What? I don't know what you're talking about." I said dumbfoundly.

"Yes you do." He smiled. "You're a vampire just like me."

"Wait what? Come again?"

Liam was a vampire? No way.

"It's ok Aurora. You don't have to hide the truth from me. I'm just like you." He laughed.

"You're a vampire?" I whispered, as my eyes widened in surprise.

"Yes. Is it that hard to believe?"

"Well....I-uh...uh."

"Well yes I am and I've heard about you a lot. Like A LOT. Not only through Louis, but through other interactions." He smirked.

"I-I don't understand."

"It's ok. Don't worry about it." He laughed. "You're still young and naive."

"I AM NOT NAIVE!"

"You are Aurora. It's ok if you won't accept it. I heard you're hard headed too." He chuckled.

"How do you know me?" I questioned.

"Well you see, my father has known you since you were born. Since you were a baby actually. He watched you grow, as well as your brother Jasper. My father was a great family friend to your parents, which back then it was quite unusual for a vampire to befriend a human, but your father wasn't afraid of us, nor your mother."

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion as I listened to Liam.

"As the years passed, your parents decided to become vampires, yet you and Jasper were so little to notice and never knew your parents were no longer humans. It is said that from a very young age you were marked and destined to become one of us, a vampire, with such fine beauty, yet the blood the colored your cheeks and that beautiful smile that marked your face, allowed your parents to let you live in human form a while longer and not convert you. Until that night happened, your tragedy which sped things up as that same night you became one of us."

Tears wanted to form in my eyes, as the distraught memories of that night began to flood in my brain.

"So you know me because of your father? And because he knew my family?" I questioned as I tried swallowing the hard lump in my throat.

"Yes. There's that and because of your latest interaction with the creature in the forest." He chuckled. "Quite a scene if I may say so. Never knew a vampire that shed no fear for a first timer."

"The wolf." I gasped.

Liam's orbs met mine, as a small smirk crept upon his face, giving me a small nod.

"What do you know about the wolf? Who is he? What does he want."

"I'm afraid I'm not allowed to give you that information. Like I said you're to naive to know of that information. You're not quite ready to know the secrets among us."

"But my parents know."

"Your parents are wise people."

"That's not fair! I want to know about the wolf I encountered last week."

"Aurora, I promise you that with time and patience you will know. If anything I'm afraid he will go look for you. He's closer to you than ya think." He laughed.

What the hell does that mean? Stupid vampires and their ambiguity.

"Is this some type of joke to you Liam?"