XVII: Bonfire

Aurora's P.O.V

The rest of the week flew by, and Kitten ended up being great friends with Marina. They were perfect for each other actually, like seriously. To the least, the two people I considered my best friends were those two, a clumsy girl and a weird annoying pink haired one. Besides Marina asking Kitten her belief on vampires, nothing quite interesting happened, as usual. 

I ignored Zayn completely after our last encounter, and to make my life easier, the damn kid even skipped our only class together the entire week, which makes me grateful. He's doing everyone a favor not being in class really, it's not like he pays attention anyway, but I can't help but admit that I miss that beautiful tanned boy with the raven black hair. Just something about him drew me to him and I couldn't get enough of it. 

I was still mad at him though, no matter how hot he is, my anger towards him won't diminish. Who does he think he is pushing me away like that? Unbelievable. I just want to slap the living soul out of him to knock some senses into him. I just can't understand him, he's kind, sweet, and caring one moment, and all of a sudden he is cold, blunt, cocky and arrogant, telling me to leave him alone for unknown reasons I really want to know. But I guess it was for the best that we weren't friends, clearly we don't get along, and it should be kept that way. Who was I kidding when I actually found myself fantisizing over a "us", that simply won't ever exist. 

"Aurora, are you listening to me?"

I broke away from my hazy stupid thoughts, and looked at the beautiful boy in front of me, his blue sapphire eyes looking intently at me. 

"Uh- yes. I'm listening." I smile at him weakly as I continue walking down the halls. 

"Are you ok?" He asks, his eyebrows knitting together in concern.

"Louis, I'm fine." I chuckle. "What is it you wanted to tell me?"

"Well, as you know, it's Friday."

I gasp. 

"It's Friday?" I mock sarcastically causing Louis to roll his eyes. 

"And I-I was wondering if y-you'd like to come with me-"

"Louis Tomlinson, are you asking me out on a date?" I cut him off, with a huge grin plastered on my face. 

I watch as Louis's cheeks heat up to a bright pink, letting out a nervous chuckle as he brushes his hand through his hair. 

"Y-yea. Well, I mean, you remember my friend Liam, right? The one who gave the masquerade ball."

"How could I ever forget him." I say, as I remember our last encounter. 

If it wasn't for him I probably would have never found out about the secret my father has kept hidden from me. Plus, it was nice to know the whereabouts of another vampire in the city besides your own family. 

"Well, Liam is throwing another party, but this time it's like an actual teenage party, nothing fancy, just a group of friends hanging out."

"And when is this party?" I ask.

"Tonight. He is having a bonfire at the beach and I was hoping you can come with me."

"DID I HEAR SOMETHING ABOUT A PARTY?" I hear a familiar female voice interrupt us as we reach the student parking lot. 

"Marina." I groan. 

"I sure did hear someone mention teenage party!" Kitten squeals. 

I look at both girls walking towards Louis and I, with huge smiles decorating their faces.