VII: Forest Predator

"It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light."~ Aristotle

Aurora's P.O.V

A few hours had passed since Zayn had dropped me off. Ever since, I've remained locked in my room, away from my entire family. I wasn't in the mood to be around them, then again when was I? I walked around my room in circles wondering what to do. There was nothing interesting to watch on T.V, so that was pointless. Nor did I feel like watching a movie. Ironically, I grabbed the 'Twilight' book that laid on the end of my bookshelf, opening it to a random page and began reading.

"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb..." he murmured. I looked away, hiding my eyes as I thrilled to the word.

"What a stupid lamb," I sighed.

"What a sick, masochistic lion."

I groaned in disbelief. Seriously? How ridiculous. I think I'm going to be sick. There is no such thing as "love", not for us vampires. Atleast not for me, that feeling died with my soul that night.

"Stupid Edward Cullen." I mumbled, as I skipped a few pages.

"About three things I was absolutely positive. First, Edward was a vampire. Second, there was a part of him-and I didn't know how potent that part might be-that thirsted for my blood. And third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with him."

Ok. Yea...I'm not reading this. Human falling in love with a vampire.

"Who wrote this?" I snapped as I threw the book across the room. "Ugh!!!"

I lay in bed silently, wondering what I should do next. Until there was a knock on the door.

"Can I come in?"

Joy. It just had to be Jasper.

"No Jasper! Leave me alone." I hissed.

Suddenly my door was swung open regardless, Jasper's footsteps walking inside my room.

"Jasper! What the fuck?!" I yelled as I sat up.

"Thanks for letting me in little sis." He smirked.

"I didn't even- oh, what do you want?" I snapped.

"Nothing. Just got bored in this bloody house, so then I was like 'Hmmm...wonder what my beloved forsaken sister is doing. I should go annoy the living shit out of her.'.....So here I am." He grinned.

"Geee! Thanks Jasper. Guess what? Your presence is annoying the living shit out of me. So please do me the favor and leave my room." I smiled innocently.

"Not so fast Aurora. Who's the human?" He asked, obviously referring to Zayn.

"He's a human. No one important." I brushed off.

"That so?" He cocked. "I could've sworn I saw some glow in your eyes when you were near him."

"Shut up Jasper. Those days are over." I blurted. "Ever since him."

"Look little one. I know that Harry's death has been very hard for you. Just, you have to stop blaming yourself. It wasn't your fault. You were still considered a newborn."

"Jasper. Please do me the favor to never say his name again." I begged, my voice cracking.

"I'm sorry. Umm. What's this new guy's name?"

"His name is Zayn. Zayn Malik."

"May I add that he smelled exquisetly undeniably good? I was able to smell him all the way from my room." He chuckled.