Chapter 27_Brother pt.1

Song: Brother by Kodaline (go check out this song, it's amazing)

Woodlawn Cemetery, The Bronx.

19th August, 2049.

11:03am.

"So that's the reason why you don't use your powers?" Jade said, more like mumbled. she glared at her grime-covered fingers, "which would explain the man who stabbed you on the docks?" She added.

Xavier nodded, his eyes glued to the field before him, the sun had already risen over the cemetery, suddenly the cemetery didn't seem so scary after all, save for the dead bodies that were scattered across the graveyard and the man who died of fright.

"Yeah. What makes my powers more dangerous is the fact that it's trigger happy, the slightest things set it off, which is why I'm always on the move, it safer—" his eyes found the Zombie's dead form, "—in the event of an accident" he muttered darkly.

"Also because I'm on the Heroes wanted list, apparently I stole really important documents" Xavier chuckled humourlessly.

"You escaped the first move then?" Jade asked, her curiosity was heightened.

"No" he scowled, his hazel eyes darkening, he was silent for a while, "my brother and I were taken from an Orphanage, apparently the people in New England weren't all that worried about the chaos and life went on as usual, we lived in New Hampshire"

"At first My Brother was taken to the Reform Center and I trained under Elaine—" Jade noticed that even though Xavier spoke of the Heroes with strong disdain when he spoke of Elaine, his voice held this warmth and adoration and for a second she felt a pang of jealousy, it was an odd feeling really.

"—soon the teachers realised that splitting us up was a bad idea and my brother was brought back, he wasn't a student, more like a first aid during training" he scowled deeply.

Jade was silent, she was having trouble believing everything Xavier had told her, he began his explanation an hour after he revived her and a few hours later and she was still badly shaken up by what she had seen earlier.

Xavier explained what his powers was, it's influence and of course the cure, she shuddered, the details was gory as well as terrifying.

"When I turned 15, I received my first mission, I shared it with your brother—" he smiled at her sympathetically.

Jade shuddered again, she didn't need anymore reminders of the blood her brother was made to spill at an early age, the only beings The Resistance killed were zombies and Lumino Soldiers but all that were in self defense, the 'it's either them or us' kind of situation, but the people Jayden and Xavier killed were most times innocent and if they were found guilty of a crime, it was either treason or disrespecting The Boss.

"—Jayden was tasked with assassinating The Commander in Chief of The Heroes special school and my job was to disarm the Soldiers that guarded his office" Xavier elaborated.

Jade winced, she could already imagine the men all sprawled out on the floor, screaming and— tearing their eyes out, she shuddered again, so hard it caught Xavier's attention.

"You okay?" He asked.

Jade quickly nodded, "yeah just...keep talking" she rolled her hands, urging him to keep going.

"The other students were told to collect every incriminating evidence against The Heroes and burn it, some of these evidence were taking back to Headquarters, a kid I knew back then was then asked to set the building ablaze with his special gift; mind control over TmTs, he could set off a hundred just with his mind" he shook his head and laughed, "they had turned a couple of kids into Soldiers worse that the Nazis"