Chapter 37_...What we held unto for comfort.

The Finale, or the Epilogue as I'd like to call it, it's been fun guys but alas I have to bid you adieu till we meet again, 😽🙃😘😉

Song:

20th September, 2049.

Marble Hill, The Bronx.

Jade stepped out of Kay's old truck, she almost lost her footing but steadied herself, beads of sweat appeared on her forehead as she sought to balance herself, her arm was still on it's long journey to being whole again and most days she feared it might never make it.

She stared at the arm that was put in a cast and strapped in a sling, her eyes filled with hate for the woman that had put it there.

The 13th was only a week ago and unlike the usual beliefs surrounding that day, she could say they were very lucky indeed, at the end  the orbs were disabled and The Luminos were driven off, it was much harder to escape Elaine's students but without Jayden it was a little bit easier, but Jade couldn't exactly give out the details of the whole fight partially because she was in a different fight of her own and also because she went by in and out of consciousness the remaining hours.

After Jayden had left her bruised but otherwise okay, The Boss had shown up, Jade felt she could still take her with the little strength she had, that was until she took off her mask.

It was like watching one of her nightmares come to life...Norwood...she lost whatever strength she had left and to her disbelief and shock, The Boss had shown no mercy, not even an iota of hesitation...and why would she, she had made it clear before just how far she was willing to go just to keep whatever control she had gathered.

As Jade lay bleeding and waiting for death to come, she couldn't help but think of all the times she had been warned, mostly by John and all the times she had been so stupid not to listen, including now.

She stood in front of Leia's house, watching the old building with some kind of newfound wisdom, she felt older and certainly looked it, she had lost and gained so many things in the space of a week that it  felt so surreal, she remembered where it had all begun....the first warning she had received and those that followed...

••••••••••••

Flashbacks

"Another thing you should know..." Leia's voice deep and Alien, "...never let your guard down"

"Sometimes the most obvious answers are right in front of us but we are too blinded by what we choose to believe in that all it takes is for someone to point out that obvious to make us realise that the things we feared the most... the things we tried to avoid was what we held onto for comfort"

"Don't trust anyone, not your friends, not your family, not even yourself, not until the year has passed, I see three things" John's cold eyes.

"A greater evil looms above you,
A greater betrayal lies in wait, and,
A greater secret than what's on the surface"

He was right, wasn't he?

"They were my sister's" she looked around the room, "everything here belonged to her, this clip was hers but she gave it to me before she...