The New Comers

"About what?" I ask the strays.

Toga looks at me and sighs playing with her bangs.

"Word travels fast heard you got into a fight with a couple of our guys the other day. We want payment," the leader says.

"That wasn't us," Toga says.

"They were burned, and frozen."

Toga doesn't let her face break.

"We don't know anybody on the underground with a strong fire quirk besides you,"

"So you're just blaming me because a couple of your guys got busted," I say chuckling.

"Then we can settle this," Toga adds pulling out two knives.

The first guy laughs, and that was his last mistake.

Hiding the bodies was a pain, and the one guy that got away would be dead from the cut Toga gave him within the hour.

————————————————————————

Anielle POV

It took a few days for the fainting spells to stop. I hadn't had this much damage from my quirk ever.

Artemis had me training everyday, and my body still was in shape. Kyla was assigned to work with me today, Artemis planned to have me return a message tonight to the League.

"Come on," Kyla nagged. Her usually black coiled hair, was now highlighted a bright teal  and pulled into braids. She hadn't even broken a sweat, though I could never tell if her dark skin was flushed.

"This sucks," I say swinging my left leg high towards her head. She ducked and I spun to face her.

"I know," a fist came towards my face, and I dropped backwards lifting my knee to get a kick at her stomach. It lands to the side and she smiles.

"Put a little effort in," her feet prance and I can hear a few beads in her hair click against each other.

"I'm just not feeling it," I say walking to grab some water.

Kyla jogs over and trips me. I bounce back into my hands before standing back up.

"Nice try,"

"It was worth a shot," and we both laugh.

"Anielle, a word." Artemis says from the door.

I walk over, and smile over my shoulder. "We're done for today" Kyla nods, and grabs a zip up tugging it on over her sports bra.

"Walk with me," Artemis says and I follow her into the hallway.

"You've recovered from your little excursion with the League of Villains boy, and I have drafted a response for them."

"Yes, ma'am"

"I wish for you to read it over before delivering it tonight,"

"Yes ma'am,"

"Oh quit it with that I've know you since you were what? 14?"

"Yeah, can I read it now?"

"Of course," she hands me the unsealed envelope and we pause in the hallway. I open it up skimming over the response.

"You're agreeing?" I question, shocked.

"On my terms, yes." She says. "They need our help more than we need theirs, and I knew Shigaraki's grandmother when we were girls, it's funny now looking back,"