Hawks Wasn't Sure of How to Save Her

Anielle POV

The time spent with the remains of the league flew by faster than any minutes I had ever felt. There was light banter, and the constant of something playing so that if you wished to remain silent you could. It was soothing. When time arrived for me to leave, it was solemn. I tugged on my jacket, and was about to walk out when there was a tug on my sleeve.

Toga stood behind me. Her hand outstretched, and a knife in her palm. "Take it, please, so I can have helped."

I'm about to refuse, to turn away, when Shigaraki catches my eye. He glares and nods to her hand, so I take the weapon, and tie it into my belt.

"Thank you," I sigh. There was a heavy doubt that weighed on our shoulders, but I was going to try.

"Bring him back," Shigaraki whispers, and Toga pats his shoulder lightly.

"I will." I respond, ignoring the hesitation in my gut.

"Then go." Toga ushers me to the door.

Without answering I slip into the hall. It was quiet, and I had the feeling that I was being watched. So I slipped down the corridor, and pause at a exit. It was simple enough to jam the window open, though trying to get through it was a struggle. Anybody walking by would have seen the lots of kicking and wiggling that came with pulling myself up and through the window.

Eventually I collapsed into the street. My hands covered in dirt, and my clothes clinging to me in the mist. It was chilling, and I tucked my hands in my pockets as deep as possible.

"Why are you always so quick to kill yourself for others, Anielle?" A voice asks from behind me. I spin, letting my hand cling to the gun strapped at my thigh.

"What does it matter to you Reese?" I clip out, glaring at her.

"Because one day, you're going to not be able to win,"

"Again, what does it matter to you?" I spit.

"Anielle, you shouldn't be endangering yourself. Let alone for a man like him," She tries to reason. I stand silent, watching her intently. "He's filthy, and vile, and he doesn't care about you-"

"Stop." I say. "You don't get to criticize him, not to my face, not when you've been so much worse."

"Anielle, are you still going on about that-"

"I'm your superior, Reese. I suggest you keep that in mind before speaking me again,"

"Anielle! You're going to get yourself killed."

"And what do I have to live for, besides the ones I love."

"Love? What you feel for him isn't love, he's been manipulative and is just a playboy."

"You're one to talk about being manipulative Reese,"

I turn, and wait to hear her footsteps. Something surges and I whip back to face her, throwing my hand on instinct.

The mist in the air freezes into daggers. Some piercing her skin, none deep enough to injure her permanently.

"What the fuck? You've been lying and have your quirk still?" Reese screams. Grabbing one of the pieces of ice from her arm and throwing it to the ground.

I can't move, my entire body is stiff as I loose a breath. The heat shows in a steam wisp, and the temperature change settles around us.

"I-" I start, staring at her.

"You're planning on leaving, god that makes so much sense, of course you'd leave." Reese palms her forehead, as the ice falls away and blood trickles down her arm.

"No-"

"Whatever Anielle, I'm done trying to help you. Don't come crying back to me, to the hunters, again. Go save him,"

"Toga- Shigaraki, what'll happen to them."

"They're our allies, and still in our care."

Then Reese spits on the ground and grips her bloody arm. Wiping away some of the dark red.

I force myself to turn away and not look back, though I pause at the end of the alley to hear the door close behind her. To hear the silence that proves she'd made it inside.

Continuing down the street I pull up the map of the facility on my phone. I could get there soon, and took off sprinting. Water clung to my legs from the puddles gathering in the street. Everyone was hurrying inside, and the streets cleared as a downpour began.

Compared to the clear weather from earlier the heavy rain was a proper mood. It drenched me every instant I was uncovered. The raw weather chilling.

I kept my eyes down, counting intersections and streets.

Taking a sharp left I found the warehouse district I was heading to. It didn't sit right how quiet everything was. The patter of rain hiding most noise.

Slipping over to the proper building it was proven that Miruko's intel had been.

There were two guards, with heart monitors and ear pieces seated at the door. There were only six windows. One above them, one similar on the opposite end. And two on each of the other parallel walls.

"You hear something?" One of the guards asks and I freeze.

"No, the rains playing tricks on you." The other responds.

Sighing silently, I slip through the fog, and arrange myself under a window. Before it'd been a matter of climbing the brickwork, now I simply tugged on my quirk, and clung to the walls as I created holds for my hands and feet.

The window I came to was unlatched, like Miruko had promised, and led to a storage room.

The building didn't belong to heroes, so the room was filled with the belongings of the owners. I winced as the window creaked, but threw myself inside and let it fall behind me. I braced for the crack of the wood against the trim, but no answer came.

The noise of rain continued.

"You've gotten sloppy, Frostbite." A male voice tsks his tongue and I turn to find a hooded figure staring down at me. His hand holding the window open, before slowly lowering it and latching the lock.