Prolouge - Those Words

Trust me the chapters get better. I sucked at writing when I started this

shoutout to the lovely @phanlrh for making the cover <3

:)

-CASPAR'S POV-

Those words. They've haunted me my entire life.

I would lay awake in my bed. Thinking about them. Saying them, over and over. Again and again, until I couldn't take it and would fall asleep with my sheets balled up in my hands. Tear streaks down my cheeks.

I hadn't accepted them until recently. I couldn't possibly come to terms with them. They bothered me, night and day, tearing at my soul. I decided that I couldn't live like this anymore. I forced myself to look in the mirror. Saying them.

I wouldn't believe them at first- I simply couldn't. But then, I thought about what prompted me to think about this.

And I accepted it. I came to terms with it. I was the words, the words were me. I stopped denying myself the obvious. It just wasn't a way to live.

I remember that day, when I got up and looked at myself in the mirror. I had taken a deep breath, looked my reflection in the eye, and uttered those words.

I am gay.

-----A/N-----
So here's the first part of my story, hope it's not too short and/or boring. Hopefully you'll get a kick out of reading this, and don't worry, Joe will come in very very soon!