Chapter 24- Mila Who?

-Joe POV-

Over the next few days, various people come and visit me. But I can't really pay attention, not with Caspar still on my mind.

Zoë comes into the room and I smile weakly at her. Yesterday I showed her the texts. She told the doctors. Hopefully this is news on his condition.

"Hey broseph." She says quietly as she sits down next to my bed. "How are you doing?"

"Good." I lie. I decide to add some truth. "Worried about Caspar." I say with a frown. She perks up.

"About that. I wen't to your flat, he was fine." She states confidently. A look of pain suddenly flashes over her eyes as she seems to remember something. "But..." She looks down at the floor.

"But what?" I urge. She quickly changes the subject.

"Nothing. Hey, look what I brought!" She starts digging through her purse. I am left to think over the information she's just given me.

Caspar's okay. He's FINE. But then again, I'm fine is the most common lie. What if-

"Found it!" Zoë exclaims, as I am yanked from my thoughts. She pulls out a heavily folded piece of paper from her bag.

As she unfolds it, I realize I'm mistaken. It's a poster. A woman's face is on it. An attractive woman.

"Who's that?" I ask, in genuine curiosity. I must know the name of this beautiful woman.

Zoë's smile falters.

"You- you don't know who this is?"

"Why should I? I've only just seen her for the first time." Zoë becomes even more worried. She then pulls out her phone.

A couple seconds later, she shows me my twitter profile.

"Look at the header." It's the same woman. After I don't say anything for awhile, Zoë says: "Mila." Prompting me to remember. "Mila Kunis."

Suddenly something clicks. I sit straight up in bed. What just happened?

"How could I ever forget my darling Mila?" I snatch the poster from her. She smiles hesitantly.

"I don't know... Let me ask Dr. Hadfield." She quickly hurries out of the room, an excited look in her eye.

I turn back to the poster.

"Oh, Mila. How could I ever forget you, darling." I laugh at myself. What a silly celebrity crush. Wait, what? Why did I just think that it was silly?

"Joe! Hi, I'm Dr. Hadfield, but call me Cat. I'm the chief neuroscientist here, and my job is to make you better." She flashes one of the biggest smiles I've ever seen. I smile back up at her.

"Hi, Cat."

"Now, it looks like something very important just happened. Which is why I have been appointed your case. Can you recount the last few minutes to me, please? We need to keep exercising your memory as much as possible."

"Well... My sister Zoë came, and she brought this poster of Mila Kunis." I gesture at the huge image of her face.

"At first I had no idea who she was, but then I suddenly remembered."

Cat is nodding and writing down notes.

"Did anything in particular happen just before you remembered?" Se asks eagerly, her pen ready to fly.

"She just said her name. That's all." With the little information I gave her, words dance across Dr. Hadfield's clipboard.

"Okay... okay." She says, finishing up her notes. "It seems that you have some memory loss, but you can regain those memories from certain triggers."