Chapter Twelve

Grace's POV

I've always been the self conscious type, the girl who stares at the magazine models and dreams of their bodies. The one who looks in the mirror and sees nothing but disappointment, the one who used to cry herself to sleep because she wasn't one of them girls but she was a girl who was constantly knocking herself down and ignoring any compliment that went her way. It all changed when I met Chester though, he made me feel comfortable in my own skin for what seemed like the first time in forever. Daily he would remind me that I was beautiful and occasionally I would believe him because the way he said it and look the in his eyes somehow made me want to agree with him. When anybody else were to compliment me I would smile and thank them but in my head I was thinking that it was all just a game for me to return a compliment to them; they knew that they were perfect. 

"Morning beautiful." Chester said, rolling over to his side and kissing me on the head. He did this most mornings and every time I had to kick myself into believing that this beautiful idiot was actually in my bed- referring to me. 

I groaned as I got up knowing that I needed to go for a run; they always influenced me creatively, giving me video ideas. I ate breakfast as Chester showered and as he came out of the bathroom with his towel wrapped around his waist- looking like some sort of surfboard model, I kissed him and headed out. 

After an exceptionally long run I returned to my street, walking towards the door I shuffled in my pocket for the keys but the door was already opened. Chester was out recording all day and my heart immediately began to shake, my mind running with possible scenarios of burglars and the thoughts of all my belongings stolen. I heard noises coming from inside, a man's laugh which sounded too familiar and a girl's giggle. I opened the door slightly, the sound not even registering to them. I looked further in and my heart pounded a million beats faster. All my thoughts of video ideas had now vanished and the one word resonated across my brain- cheating. Chester lay on the couch, a girl next to him. She looked just like a model, the perfect girls in their perfect magazines who had everything going for them. Suddenly the words that Chester had been saying meant nothing to me and I took them back as if he had lying this whole time. They laughed again and I walked further into the house, my presence making them cock their perfect little cheating faces to me. In my own house, in my own lounge, the thought disgusted me; I felt nauseous and the tears streamed down my face in an uncontrollable waterfall. Chester stood, warmly smiling at me. I wanted to slap him, to ruin his perfect little face but instead I stood frozen in my own home, staring at my so-called boyfriend and the girl who had replaced me.