Chapter Fifty-Four

Grace's POV

The morning sickness had lessened, the shock had sunk in and everything was soon returning back to normal. We had arrived home, deciding it was the best place to be, our honeymoon could be shortened for now.

Chester was still an ecstatic five year old when ever the baby came up in conversation. It was cute but scared me a little, seeing how easy it was for him to spill something which shouldn't be said- not yet.

I wasn't ready for the world to know. The midwife had said that I should only tell my close relatives until the first trimester had finished and I kept to my word. I had a month left of the trimester; and I could see Chester counting the days.

He had barely slept, constantly checking to see if I was okay and that I wasn't dying as soon as his eyes were closed. It was stressing me out too and I was finding myself feeling down frequently. In an attempt to cheer me up, Chester leapt up from where he was sitting and switched off the TV which was mumbling in the background of our uncomfortable silence.

"How about we go house shopping?" Chester beamed at me, an expectant tone evident in his voice.

"House shopping?" I asked, using Chester's hand to pull myself up.

"Yes. We'll need a bigger house soon." His eyes falling to my growing but barely visible bump. "And we could both do with some cheering up."

"Okay then. Yeah, we'll look." I smiled back at him. He ran to get his laptop and began bringing up pages of possible houses.

It felt like we had been looking for hours, staring at hundreds of different homes. It was daunting, choosing a house that would carry your future but I enjoyed it. I found myself looking through the individual photographs of rooms and couldn't help but picture little feet running around them. I saw the garden and immediately thought of Chester playing with our child in the summer. It made me all easier, imagining the future I had never known I'd always wanted until I met Chester.

"I like this one." Chester stated sheepishly, pointing to the one I had been imagining our lives in.

"Me too."

"I can imagine us living there, it sounds stupid but I can almost see our little family in each of the rooms already." I took hold of his hand and squeezed it gently.

"Shall we book a viewing?" I asked, anticipation now bubbling up inside.

"Yep, when's best?"

"Next week, after my scan perhaps."

"Perfect." He said and his single word suddenly sparked a thousand thoughts inside of me.

It was perfect and I couldn't shake the thought. His word circling my brain, perfect. It all was and I thanked whoever was up there once again for making this perfect. I felt as if something was bound to go wrong but nothing had and I was so grateful. For this world I was living and the man I was living it with.