Chapter 12

(Y/N) sat on the medical bed, eating some food that Wraith and Wattson had brought her recently. Luckily, she was able to eat even with her left hand out of action. Revenant hasn't visited her and it's been three days.

She watched some TV while Lifeline went to get her antibiotics to keep the pain from returning.

(Y/N) wasn't in any pain at the moment, just some numbness in her chest and wrist.

---

Revenant sat in his room, examining his human-self in the mirror. He knew that isn't how he looked anymore. He was a robot made to kill people who he hated, and just for fun. He sighed deeply and went to go to Lifeline's medical bay. He needed to see (Y/N). It just felt weird without her around.

---

(Y/N) watched some comedy as she relaxed in the bed. Her wounds hurt like hell at times, and at other times, it seemed like they were never even there. It was difficult with a broken wrist because of eating food or trying to read something entertaining.

Suddenly, the door opened slowly. (Y/N) looked and saw yellow optics. The figure walked into the room, closed the door, and walked over to her without saying a single word. He then hugged her gently. She gasped a little in shock and hugged back anyway, struggling from growing pain in her rib. His metal chest was pushing against her.

"R-Revenant... s-stop..." He then moved away and sat down on the chair. "You came. I'm glad." She smiled at him as he looked away.

"I only came to give you company, so don't get any bright ideas." He scoffed and crossed his arms.

"I bet you were worried about me?" She giggled as he gasped and growled at her cheeky question.

"Of course I wasn't! Why would I worry about an expendable skinsuit, like you!?" He looked at her, pretending to be angry, but the tone of his optics shown different. He was worried about her, but he wouldn't admit it.

"Hmm. Sure." She looked at the TV and breathed heavily. Her empty tray was on the counter on her left side, as Revenant sat on her right side. "Thank you for coming, though."

"I didn't do it for you. It wasn't the same without you..." He whispered the last part as (Y/N) looked at him and sighed in relief.

"I love you, Revenant." She held his robotic, cold hand gently as he watched her.

"I... I love you too, meatbag." He then leaned in to kiss her, but moved back quickly before they could make contact. "Ugh..." He spat and stood up, but (Y/N) grabbed his wrist and pulled him down and kissed where his lips would be. His circuits bursted as placed his hands on her waist and leaned forward, but not making contact with her ribs.

---

Lifeline walked into the medical room and saw (Y/N) asleep on top of Revenant. She smiled and whispered for Bangalore to come and look. She saw and liked the view.

"I better wake them up. (Y/N) needs to take her medications." Lifeline told her as Bangalore stayed by the door, just in case Revenant attacks her for waking them up. "(Y/N). Revenant. Wake up."

Revenant's optics lighten up as he saw her and growled deeply. (Y/N) groaned and woke up too. She saw Lifeline and sighed, knowing what needs to be done.

"Revenant?" She looked up.

"Hmm?"

"Can you wait outside while Lifeline gives me medication please?"

"I guess so." Revenant gently moved her off his body and walked past Lifeline. "Hurt her, and your guts will be all over the floor." He warned and left the room, ignoring Bangalore who walked out after him.

"Is he always like tha'?" Lifeline asked and got out some needles and tablets.

"Yes. He is over-protective, and aggressive against others." (Y/N) told her as Lifeline nodded and put some liquid medication in the tube.

"This may sting a little. Just stay relaxed and not tense up." Lifeline knelt down and found the good place on her right arm and slowly injected the needle and pushed the medication inside of her. It did sting slightly, and bleed, but it was barely nothing she could handle. "Now all you got to do is take these pills with a glass of water."

"Okay. Thanks, Lifeline." (Y/N) smiled took the pills off the medic, sipped some water and put a pill into her moutb before swallowing. She then took the rest and began to feel tired again. "Is feeling sleepy a side effect?"

"No? Your probably just really tired from your injuries, so take some time to rest." Lifeline layed (Y/N) down and turned the TV off for her. "I'll let Revenant back in a moment."

"Thank you, Lifeline." She smiled as the medic nodded and opened the door.

"Revenant. You can go back in now." She told him as he just walked in and nodded to her. "Ok then..." Lifeline clossed the room door as Revenant sat down on the bed and held her hand gently.

"How are you feeling? Not that I care."

"I'm fine, Rev." (Y/N) yawned and the robot growled at her. "Revenant. I meant Revenant..." She smirked and fell asleep soon after. He stayed awake and looked at the night sky.

"It's a perfect time to kill, but I got to... protect this skinbag." He placed his hands on the window sill and just watched the moon and stars twinkle in the clear night sky.