Chapter 29

Revenant sat in the living room as he watched a horror movie as his fiance was in the kitchen, making herself some dinner. He denied the food because he isn't hungry or in the mood to eat. (Y/N) made herself some bacon, chicken and salad.

"Are you sure that you don't want anything to eat, Rev?" (Y/N) walked to him as he looked up at him, shaking his head. He seemed so relaxed or stressed... why? He just proposed. Was he unhappy with the decision. "Revenant?" She sat down to him since she doesn't need to tend to the food for the next few minutes. "Come on, talk to me." He looked at her, his yellow orbs feeling dim. "What's the matter?"

"Nothing..." He sighed and leaned against the back of the couch and rubbed his forehead. "I'm just thinking of the nearby future that'll come for us." He then started to go deep into thought. "Like... If we had a family, what would happen if I snapped or lost control of my body? Or what if you don't survive pregnancy when you have the younster? It's not that I am worried, but it's just the thought of it happening."

"Nothing bad will happen, Revenant." She leaned against him, feeling the cold of his metal parts. "If we have kids, they'll be fine under our protection."

"You think so, huh?"

"I know so." (Y/N) then stood up and walked back into the kitchen to finish off her food. 'Maybe we should talk to the team about trying to find Revenant's human remains and try to make it possible to reproduce'. She then finished her food then joined the simulacrum on the couch to eat. "Don't worry about that right now."

"I won't, skinbag." She chuckled at his old words that used to be threatening to her. "I really grew soft?" (Y/N) nodded as he huffed. "I can still kill everybody in the room at the bar. I'm still intimidating. Wait... Are you scared of anybody there?"

"Only of Ash, but she is seems fine otherwise... ish."

"Sounds about right..." He stood up and walked into the bathroom to sort his oil in his legs out. "Hmm..."

---

"Hey, guys!" (Y/N) smiled happily as the others smiled at her.

"Hola, amigo!" Octane jumped over a table and picked up playfully and ran to the other side of the bar and placed her down on the soft chairs. "Join us for a drink!" He chuckled happily.

"You're more energetic today than usual, Octane?"

"Oh, yeah! Yeah!" He jumped and moved his arms, trying to let of some steam. "Pathfinder got me a drink and I think it had loads of energy in it! He is so nice!" He then rushed passed Revenant to go for a quick run to tire himself down slightly.

"So... You're the fiance to that simulacrum?" (Y/N) gulped at the voice and turned around to see Ash standing tall above her. "Anyways, where is he?" She got out a small blade and showed it to her. "Do I scare you? Is he not here to watch you bleed?" She chuckled to herself as all the others watch cautiously.

"Hey! Let her go!" Revenant yelled from the enterance of the bar, growling lowly. "Or you'll fight me."

"You're not match for me, simulacrum." Ash scoffed and let (Y/N) go and walked her way to the taller "man". "Well, what have you got then?" Revenant's hand cracked into a blade like hand and went to stab her, but she simply grabbed him, twisted it and punched him in the face to the floor. He groaned and growled before standing up, grabbing her very thin leg and pulled it, now her on the floor. "You're quick..." He went at her again, but she dodged and got behind him. "But not quick enough..." Ash then used her blade and stabbed him in the back, making an obvious, leaking hole in his back. He gasped and fell to one knee. "Time to see how durable you really are." Her hand turned into the blade type of hand and had it above his head. He couldn't react, it hurts him to much.

"STOP!" (Y/N) pushed her out of the way, making her fall to the floor. "Leave him alone!"

"What's going on...?" Mirage whispered as everyone shrugged as they stood in a group.

"Shouldn't we help them?" Seer asked, now worried for the first friend he made in the Apex Games. "What if she gets killed?"

"She won't." Wraith told him.

"She is very strong. I trust her." Pathfinder was holding onto Mirage for dear life for his friend and brother which isn't really his brother.

"Stupid human." Ash then quickly charged at (Y/N) and stabbed her in the chest. She gasped and looked down at her hand that pierced into her chest. "I...I..." Ash pulled her hand out. "I didn't mean to do it that bad. I swear!" She now looked at the human in front of her and watched the collaspe to the floor. "I'm sorry." She leant down and felt her pulse, but she realized she can't feel the faints beats. She then looked at Revenant who was covered in oil in his back end and had oil dripping from his eyes. "Revenant... I only meant to scratch her because I thought she would move."

"Asshole..." He grumbled and tried to stand up and managed to before limping to (Y/N) and lifted her into his arms. "Lifeline?" He looked at her who was hesitant to move closer and when he said her name, she immediately was at her side. "Help her... please." He begged and she nodded, picking her help, now with the help of Gibraltar and taken to Lifeline's small hospital.

Wattson and Horizon looked at each other and nodded before walking to Revenant.

"W-Would you like us to repair you, dear?" Horizon asked nervously as Revenant looked at them then at Ash and nodded. "Ok, follow us." And with that... the three left the building.

"Why did you do that?" Caustic asked Ash as she looked over at the man.

"I expected her to move."

"You moved faster than light pretty much."

"I know." Ash sighed and sat down and rubbed her metal faceplate gently. She regretted what she did, but she did want to hurt... not aim to kill the woman. Revenant will try to kill her next time they see each other, won't he...?