Chapter 31

It's been a week since the accident (attack) and everyone has been pretty chill ever since. Ash has been calmer, less threatening towards (Y/N).

Revenant just has been defensive as he was talking with Crypto about his human DNA. It was possible it was somewhere underground in World's Edge. They plan on going this weekend and everybody will be going.

---

"Revenant, if they do this and somehow modify you, would you want kids?" (Y/N) asked, cuddling up to the simulacrum in his massive bed. "I don't want to do stuff where you'll be uncomfortable. After all, you're 300 years old and you're soo used to people hating you."

"I'm sure it'll be fine, (Y/N)." He gazed at the ring he gave her and sighed. "I want to at least spread my own blood around at some point of my long-ass life." This made her chuckle. "Have I really gone soft?"

"Maybe a little, but I like this side to you, Revenant... Or shall I say Kaleb."

"Hmm..." He laid down and she joined him, her head against him, allowing his cold chin to rest on top of (Y/N)'s head gently. "You'll always be my skinsuit, dear..." He didn't like the pet names but at the same time, research explains how to show some sort of affection.

"Goodnight, babe." (Y/N) whispered and closed her eyes, resting for another night. But before she could sleep, Revenant let out a low groan. "Huh? You alright there?"

"My head... is killing me..." He sat up, lightly moving her off and gripped it tightly, but not causing physical pain to himself. "Switch me off... And let me wake in the morning..."

"Ok." She reached for his neck and opened a hatch before switching him off, but it was only a forced-sleep mode which is temporary.

---

(Y/N) was walking inside the dropship and looked at Ballistic talking to Fuse and Mad Maggie. He didn't get along with them, but it was best to try and get to know them. Regardless, if he already does know Fuse personally.

"Hey, boys and gals." (Y/N) sat next to them and Ballistic examined her and smiled. "Hey, you must be Ballistic. My name's (Y/N)." She smiled and offered a hand shake which he accepted.

"Pleasure to meet you, Miss (Y/N)." He shook her hand and kissed her knuckles as he pulled away and looked at Fuse. "What?"

"Don't let her fiance see ya do that." Fuse then pointed towards the red robot man.

"Who him?" Ballistic looked at Revenant talking to Pathfinder. "Nah, I don't care what he thinks, but I support your opinion." He leaned back against the seats.

"Well, don't let him see ya or he'll rip ya bloody bones out." Fuse took a sip of some water as (Y/N) saw that Revenant came over and stared down at them all. "Hey, Rev."

"Revenant." The Simulacrum corrected the man before sitting next to (Y/N). "Pathfinder was letting me know that it was a Trios match, so we'll have some other skinsuit with us today."

"Oh, that's cool." (Y/N) smiled a little and stood up. "Who is our teammate?"

"I think it is Bloodhound. Not sure. Still hate that asshole." Revenant growled to himself, having memories of what had happened between them and his fiance.

"And why do you have a problem with Houndy?" Fuse stood up, hands on the table as Maggie looked away, knowing where this could lead.

"Why should it matter to you, meatbag? If it weren't for (Y/N), they would've been dead by this hand and let's see..." He examined his hand and turned it into a knife. "Their guts and blood would hang from my index finger." He chuckled evily and Fuse growled at this, his metallic arm opening a hatch and heat steamed out. "Come on, buddy. Try and hit me."