CHAPTER 21 - Too Soon

A/N: SOOOO get ready for a dramatic chapter ! :o haha a LOT of you guys guessed what's wrong with Cher and you were right so ... let's read on ;)

~~~

REESE'S POV:

"I... I'm pregnant," Cher stammered. My eyes widened as I stared at Cher with wide eyes. "Y-You're WHAT?!" I exclaimed. "Shh. Keep it down, would you? We don't want the guys to hear," she hissed. I gulped, shocked.

"Are you... Are you sure?" I asked, stupidly. She sighed. "Well, my period is eight days late and I've been having morning sickness almost every morning I wake up. Sometimes I even throw up in the afternoon, as you just witnessed..." she said, her voice trailing off.

"So you haven't taken a test yet?" I asked. She shook her head. "No, I wanted you to do it with me... I can't do this without the support of my best friend," she frowned. "Now. We have to do it now," I stated. She bit down on her lip. "Okay, but what are we going to tell the guys?" she quizzed.

"Just say we're going for some Starbucks, okay? We'll head to the nearest pharmacy and we'll buy three of them. Then you'll take the tests in the washrooms there so the guys don't suspect anything, okay?" I suggested, after a moment of thinking.

She nodded. "Alright, sounds good. Thank you so much," she murmured. I forced a grin. "What are friends for?"

We walked out of the bathroom slowly, after spraying some perfume in the washroom so that the stench didn't roam about. "Everything alright, girls?" Harry asked as we stepped into the lounge again, his eyebrows raised. "Everything's just fine," she muttered, avoiding eye contact with anybody.

"We're heading out to Starbucks," I said in a faux, cheery tone. "Aww, right when we came back, too?" Louis pouted, hugging me from behind around the waist. He rested his chin on my shoulder after kissing me sweetly on the cheek. "Yeah, sorry, Boobear," I mumbled.

"Alright, Reese, we really need to get going now," Cher hummed, silently pleading me to hurry up. If I were her, I'd be anxious too. I mean, this could change her whole life forever.

"Bye, babe. See you later. I love you," Niall whispered to her as he kissed her once on the lips. I noticed how she tensed up but slowly eased herself. "Love you too... Please don't ever forget that," she whispered to him, her voice cracking a little.

He quickly caught on to her strange behavior. "Is everything okay, love?" he asked, raising his eyebrows. "Yeah, yeah. Bye," she hummed before grabbing my hand and pulling me out of the tourbus.

~~~

"Set the timer," Cher ordered, weakly. I nodded, unlocking my iPhone and setting a timer for five minutes. I placed my phone on the counter.

Cher went into a stall and peed on the sticks. "START IT!" she hollered, and I heard a flush. I quickly tapped the "start" button for the timer and Cher came out of the stall, the sticks in her hands.

I took a paper towel from the dispenser that hung off the wall and laid it flat on the counter, FAR away from my phone. Then Cher placed the three tests on it and we anxiously waited.

The wait was silent at first, probably because the both of us were thinking too hard. I can't even imagine how Cher felt. She was only nineteen and she was possibly pregnant! Oh gosh, and poor Niall... If she is, he's going to have to handle touring AND her pregnancy.

"Cher.. You and Niall are both on tour at the moment," I said, breaking the silence. She turned to me with fear in her eyes. "I know... But, well, my tour ends after this month and his ends in two months.. I won't be far into pregnancy then, if I'm even pregnant," she said.

It was true; the boys' tour was only North American, and we've already covered most of the states that they're playing at. Just a few cities in Mexico and some in Canada and they'll be finished.

Cher? Well, she's on her Want U Back WORLD tour, but she had started before the boys had, so she only has one month to go. Hopefully, the pregnancy (if she's even pregnant) won't make it harder for the poor girl.

I think we keep saying "if she's even pregnant" because we don't WANT to believe it. We don't want to believe that we're growing up, that we're making mistakes, that our lives are getting harder.

"Cher, how on earth are you going to tell Niall?" I asked. She gulped, fidgeting with her feet. "See, that's the thing..." she said, her voice trailing off. I raised my eyebrow at her. "What do you mean?" I quizzed.

"N-Niall and I... We haven't slept together yet," she breathed. I gasped, widening my eyes at her. "Y-You haven't?!" I exclaimed, gobsmacked. She shook her head, frowning. "So... You cheated on Niall?" I asked, quietly. I didn't want to believe any of this. They were both my best friends, and I couldn't stand to see them get hurt like this.

"Do you remember... A couple months ago... I got drunk and I.. I slept with Ed?" she stuttered. My jaw dropped as realization dawned on me. I opened my mouth to reply but got cut off by the Marimba sound coming from my iPhone. The timer was up.

"You do it for me... I-I can't do it," she said, her voice cracking. I nodded understandingly and walked over to the counter. I peeked at the three pregnancy tests and turned back around to Cher slowly, a forced grin on my face.

"You better call Ed. ASAP."

CHER'S POV:

"You better call Ed. ASAP," Reese stated, firmly. I felt my stomach churn and my head spin. Oh my god. This was really happening.

I wasn't ready for this. I'm still a teen. Sure, a late teen since I'm nineteen, but I'm barely an adult now. I wasn't ready to take care of a baby. I wasn't even ready to take care of a cat!

I never wanted this to happen. I didn't want it to happen this way, I mean. Sure, I've always dreamed of having kids but this was too soon.

I didn't even know what to say. I was lost for words. A lump was formed in my throat and my heart had skipped a million beats.

"W-Were they ALL positive?" I gulped. She nodded, slowly. "I'm so sorry," she whispered to me, as she engulfed me I'm a hug. I didn't ask for one, but she knew I needed it, especially at a time like this.

"Don't be... You weren't the one who gave me the alcohol," I joked, trying to lighten the mood.

She smiled half-heartedly at me. "You're going to be an amazing mother, Cher," she said softly. I tried to grin at her but it probably came out crooked. "Thank you."

~~~

A/N: AHHHH. so most of you were right! CHER IS PREGGERS WITH ED'S BABY.

Omg, what does this leave for Cher and Niall? :O

You'll have the read to find out ;P

Comment your thoughts below please! I work best with criticism and with compliments haha. :)

So how was your day? Mine was hilarious. Omg I love my friends :'D

So how would you guys feel about me writing an entire story in Cher's POV? Like, she isn't in this story often and when she gets deeper into her pregnancy, her appearances will get less and less.

Her story will also include One Direction and Reese and of course, Ed. It will be about how she struggles with her pregnancy.

If you would like a story for Cher and Ed, please comment below!!

Love you all xx