CHAPTER 9 - Cramps and Sickness

~TWO DAYS LATER~

REESE'S POV:

Zayn has been in a slump for the past two days; ever since his break-up with Perrie. I can't blame him; they were really cute together. I mean, they weren't in a serious relationship but they did love and care about each other, and they made each other happy.

But when he stepped foot on stage, he plastered a huge, fake smile that we could obviously see through; but the fans couldn't. I would say that, that was the most important thing; that the media didn't figure out that something was wrong, but it wasn't the most important thing at the moment. The most important thing was that one of my best friend's was upset, and breaking down inside.

We've tried getting him to cheer up, to go out and have fun, but he just won't be convinced that easily.

We're in Denver, Colorado right now. We left Louisiana just yesterday night. Zayn wanted to switch suites with Niall, because he wanted to be alone, but Liam didn't think it'd be a good idea because he didn't want Zayn doing anything he might regret later, just because he's sad now.

To be honest, I'm the only one that he actually talks to. Like, a real conversation, I mean. Sure, he says the odd sentence to the lads but he said I'm more "trustworthy" and "understanding", as he said. I was glad to help out a friend but it broke my heart to see him so down.

After their show tonight, we have three days to just hang out before we head to the next city. I'm not sure which state we're going to next, though.

Cher's here to visit us. Well, mainly just to see Niall, but yeah, us too, I suppose. Harry was planning on having a "guys day" to get Zayn out of his... rough spot in the "roller coaster that is life", as he would say. So, tomorrow, they're going out for their male-bonding-shit while I hang out with Cher, which I'm perfectly fine with. She is one of my best friends, anyways.

"Hello, Colorado!" Louis exclaimed into his microphone. Cher and I were watching the lads and Josh perform on stage, while we sat backstage in their dressing room, watching them from the screen.

The crowd erupted into loud cheering, clapping, and screaming. The boys chuckled.

"First, we'll be taking some questions, so tweet us what you want to know!" Niall chirped. The boys all pulled out their phones to scroll through questions.

"Is it true that Zayn and Perrie broke up?" Zayn read out loud, his face dropping as he read the last two words. The lads all gave him apologetic smiles.

He bit his lip, heaving a sigh. "Yes, it's true, but we ended on good terms," he muttered. The crowd "aww"ed, sadly.

"Next one... Is it true that Harry has a girlfriend?" Liam read. Hazza scrunched up his face in confusion. "Rumor," Harry said, shaking his head.

"Last question for now... is Niall still dating Cher Lloyd?" Louis asked. Niall grinned cheekily. "Yes, I am. And I really do like her... maybe even a little stronger," he said, sheepishly. The girls went insane with either "aww"ing or "boo"ing.

"Okay, on to the first song!" Niall chuckled.

The music to Stand Up started up and the boys began to sing.

"So, what should we do for our girls day tomorrow?" she asked, just taking a mere glance at me before fixing her gaze on the screen again. It was Niall's solo.

"Hmm.. either shopping, or a chick-flick marathon? I dunno, I'm up for whatever," I shrugged. "Nicholas Sparks?" she said, cracking a smile.

I grinned, nodding.

???'S POV:

Stupid Reese fucking Styles. She doesn't DESERVE to date Louis Tomlinson. Nor be related to Harry. Or even be friends with One Direction, for that matter.