CHAPTER 26 - Driving should be easy... Right?

REESE'S POV:

Today was it... The day Harry would teach me how to drive. Honestly, I was quite scared. The roads were slippery this time of year and I had never touched the steering wheel before, not once. I mean, my mum is a great driver, and Harry's decent enough, so I'm praying that it'll come naturally to me.

In two more days, we're going back on tour. There aren't many concerts left. In fact, I think we've gone past the halfway mark of the tour. I think the boys have a few small concerts left in the States, then some in the major cities of Canada, and a couple in Mexico, and we should be finished.

"Ready, Reese?" Harry asked me, as he jogged down the staircase. "... Yup," I gulped, unconvincingly. He raised an eyebrow at me, questionably. "Well, I mean... Driving should be easy... Right?" I asked, awkwardly.

My brother simply chuckled and shook his head slightly. "Not easy, just... Simple? You'll get the hang of it, don't worry," he assured me. I nodded, not exactly believing him. We got on our shoes and coats and headed out to the Mercedes Harry bought me for my birthday.

~~~

"REESE! PIPE THE FUCK DOWN!" Harry exclaimed. I chuckled, "Really, Harry? You're going all 'Jenna Marbles' on me?". "Shut up," he mumbled. I ignored his protests and continued driving the way I was.

"You're the scariest driver in the history of drivers," he shuddered, clinging onto his seat's armrest as if it were dear life. "Pfft, I'm doing just fine," I scoffed. "Yeah, if your goal was to kill us both," he snorted. I rolled my eyes and continued.

"REESE, WATCH OUT FOR THAT-" Too late. Harry stopped himself once I crashed the car right into... A person. "Shit!" I cussed, as I stopped the car. His eyes widened to the size of a tomato as he leant across the dashboard so he could see out the window.

"You just hit a girl," he stated, wearily. I rolled my eyes. "Well no shit, Sherlock," I sneered. He glared at me. "GO SEE IF SHE'S OKAY, YOU TWAT!" he yelled. I almost jumped out of the car when he raised his voice. Harry could be quite scary when he was angry.

I unbuckled my seatbelt and rushed out of the car. I could hear Harry's door slam shut as he came out too. The girl was laying in the middle of the road, her hair sprawled out around her and her face was pale. I kneeled down beside her and let my fingers brush her upper body.

"Is she dead?" Harry mumbled from behind me. Though it was a serious situation, I couldn't help but want to laugh at how blunt he was. "No, I'm not dead," an unfamiliar voice interrupted, startling me. My hand flinched away from her body as she sat up. "But you did give me quite the stark," she said sarcastically, chuckling at the end.

I sighed in relief as she sat up and rubbed her eyes. "Oh gosh, I'm so sorry. It's my first driving lesson," I apologized. She shrugged as if it were no big deal. "It's fine. I'm pretty sure it didn't do any pernament damage," she replied.

"But you're okay?" Harry asked, scrunching his eyebrows together. "Perfectly fine besides a couple bruises that I feel forming. Hey, aren't you Harry Styles?" the girl asked, raising an eyebrow peculiarly at my brother.

He grinned crookedly. "Yes, I am. And you are, love?" he asked, using a charming voice. "Taylor, Taylor Bennett," she stated, nodding stiffly. I made a small mental connection to my friend Taylor Lindsay, Sarah's step-sister.

As the other cars zoomed past us, I got a good look at Taylor. She had stood up by now, and I could see she was fairly tall. She was taller than I was but shorter than Haz. Her hair was a chocolatey brown and reached to about her shoulder blades, and her big eyes matched the color. (@peetapercyharrygale this is you!)

"Lovely to meet you, Taylor," my brother said, flirtaciously. I elbowed him hard in the ribs and he groaned in pain. "You have a girlfriend, curly," I sneered. He rolled his eyes and playfully bumped his hip into mine.

"Well, it was nice meeting you both as well, but I should probably get to the doctors," Taylor breathed. I raised my eyebrows slightly. "Oh gosh, I'm sorry if I'm making you late for your appointment," I rambled. She shook her head, her brown locks flopping around.

"No, I meant I should probably get my leg checked out. Your car's front bumper jacked it up," she chuckled. My eyes nearly popped out of their sockets. "I.. Er.. I-" I stammered. She laughed again. "Here, let us drive you. It's the least we can do," Harry offered. She agreed and we - well, Harry - drove us to the nearest hospital.

~~~

"You're lucky you didn't hit her hard," Harry muttered teasingly to me as we left the hospital. "Shut up," I giggled. Harry had offered to drive Taylor back to her flat since I, well, I was a terrible driver.

After dropping Taylor off, Harry and I swapped seats so I was the driver once again. "Okay, let's try this again. Actually listen to me this time," he chuckled, as we watched Taylor limp into the apartment complex. Her leg was fractured in two places. I honestly felt so bad, and so did Harry.

"Alright, I'm ready," I breathed. He nodded, "Good."

~~~

A/N: so yeah, haha, this was a bit of a filler. but I feel like I've been keeping you waiting for too long. Hope you enjoyed this little chappie ;)

Next chapter they're back on tour! 15+ likes for me to update!