CHAPTER 30 - A Break

LOUIS' POV:

"Then maybe we need a break."

Her words echoed in my head, like they have been for the past three hours. Ever since they rolled off her tongue, as if it were the easiest thing to say.

I can remember the look in her eyes when she said it; the seriousness, the intensity, but most of all; the hurt. Even though she was the one who called it off, I knew it hurt her as much as it hurt me.

But I didn't show that I cared - I couldn't. Especially with the plan Tina had roped me into a few days ago. I was going to lose her one way or another, and I suppose it's best that she breaks my heart, rather than the other way around.

I took another swig of my beer bottle. It was my third one so far. The vibration of my phone felt funny against my bum, since it was in my back pocket. I lifted my lower-body up slightly off the barstool so I could pull my phone out. Once again, it was Harry. I clicked "decline" and slid it back into it's original place.

During the time I was gone, I'd received 5 calls from Harry, 7 from Liam, 4 from Zayn, 5 from Niall, and 2 from Josh. Of course, Reese hadn't tried to call.

I don't know why I yelled at her back there. I mean, it's her choice where she wants to go to school. I guess I was just... Scared. I was scared I'd lose her with all of the distance, I was scared I'd lose her to some other guy, I was scared it wouldn't work out, and one of us would wind up getting hurt. Or both of us.

My phone vibrated again. I pulled it out and looked at the caller I.D. My eyes widened slightly as I saw it was Paul. My finger hovered over the red button, but even intoxicated, I knew that was a bad idea. So I sighed, pressing my finger down on the green "accept" button.

"Hello," I slurred, angrily. "LOUIS! Finally!" Harry's familiar deep voice boomed. "Harreh?" I grunted. "Yes, it's 'Harreh'. Why didn't you answer any of our calls?" he growled. "Why would I? I just want to be alone right now. And why are you using Paul's phone?!" I snapped.

"Because you wouldn't answer to any of us! Paul's in the bathroom right now. Look, you need to get back here RIGHT NOW," Harry demanded. "Why?" I sneered. I really wasn't in the mood for any of them right now. "Before Paul finds out and you get in a load of shit! You're lucky we didn't rat you out yet! And you need to get some rest, Lou. We have a concert tomorrow and it'll be quite hard to do if you're hungover," Harry said.

The line went silent for a second, as I thought about what he said. It was true. I have many responsibilities as 1/5 of One Direction, and one of those responsibilities include not letting our fans down.

"I'll be back soon," I stated. "Do you want me to come pick you up?" Harry asked, concerned. "Uhh... Sure," I agreed, realizing it'd be hard for me to catch a cab at this time in Texas. After telling him the address info, I waited another ten minutes before Harry showed up to pick me up from the nightclub.

"You know, this only makes it easier for Tina," Harry sighed, breaking the silence. He didn't take his eyes off the road as he talked, and both hands remained on the wheel. "I know," I mumbled, looking out the passenger seat window. Barely any cars passed by. I mean, it was a few hours 'til midnight and Texas isn't exactly a busy city like London.

"I can't believe she's forcing you to do this. It's stupid. So fucking stupid," Harry said, the anger increasing with every word he said. "I seriously want to throw her off a cliff right now," I grumbled, causing Harry to snort sarcastically.

"Has she told you who it is yet?" Harry asked, turning the corner of the street. "Not yet. Hopefully she's decent enough to get along with," I said, rolling my eyes.

"I doubt she'd choose some bratty diva, because she would have to deal with her too," Harry joked, trying to lighten the mood.

He parked beside the tourbus, and then helped me climb out. He noticed my hesitance to enter the bus, so he smiled sympathetically at me. "Don't worry. When I left, everybody was asleep except for Ni," Harold said, reassuringly.

~~~~~

A/N: WHOOOPPEEEE, I UPDATED! First I would like to say, I'd love to make chapters more frequent but I have school, and friends, and a life off of the Internet, so it's kind of hard. :( sorry!!

Second, thank you sosososo much for the lovely comments! They really bring a smile to my face and motivate me to write more! :D

Third, I know MANY of you ship Rouis, and this "break" thing is horrible to you, but believe me, I'm as upset about it as you are. I needed some more drama! :) But I think we ALL know how this is going to end, so don't stop reading please!

Fourthly, many of you have guessed what is going to happen and what Harry and Louis are talking about with this girl named Tina. I didn't think it'd be that predictable haha :'D

Fifth, I love youuuu <3 :)