Isabelle Olympus part 24

Hello! Here's the next chapter, sorry it's taken so long to get it up but I've been really busy. Anyway, I hope you enjoy it. A few people have been asking when Percy is going to make an appearance and I'm gradually getting closer to it, I promise. But I keep on getting ideas of things to write before he turns up so I keep pushing it back. But it won't be long now, I hope.

Here it comes. He’s going to break up with me. He’s going to tell me that he doesn’t feel the same way and that we probably shouldn’t see each other anymore. That’s how it always goes after the crazy confession of love, right?

“I love you too, Isabelle Olympus.” Alex said in a voice barely above a whisper. It was so quiet that I almost thought I’d imagined it. That was the kind of thing I would do. Imagine a fairytale ending to protect myself from the painful truth.

“Sorry, what did you say?” I asked, needing the clarification that I had actually heard him say what I thought he said.

“I said that I love you too.” Alex admitted whilst chuckling, obviously seeing the shock that was written on my face.

“Really?” I asked, still not quite believing this. Just a second ago I thought that I had ruined our entire relationship in one sentence but now I’m starting to think that I haven’t.

“Yes really.” Alex said with a big grin on his face as he stood up from the table, walked around to my side and kneeled in front of me, talking my hands in his. “I’ve been in love with you for a while now, I just didn’t know how to tell you. I was actually building up the courage to admit it to you later on this evening, but you beat me to it.”

“Sorry.” I giggled shyly.

“There’s no need to apologise. I’ve known for a long time now that you’re braver than me, so it shouldn’t really come as a surprise that you were the first of us to build up the courage to admit your feelings.” Alex said still with that smile on his face that made me feel like I was the only girl in the world.

“I’m not braver than you.” I protested.

“Yeah, you are. There’s no way that I could do half of the things that you’ve done.” I was about to disagree with him, but he carried on, not giving me a chance to interrupt him and deny it. “You can walk into Olympus and stare down all of the gods, you can shout at Hades, you can stand up in front of one hundred little kids and not only hold their attention but also gain their respect as well, you can handle all the crap that people have put you through in the past and never once complain. You are brave, Izzy, a lot braver than you give yourself credit for.” Alex said so sincerely that I knew he meant every word he’d just said. Just looking at this gorgeous boy and knowing that he thought all of those wonderful things about me had my eyes tearing up.

“You make it sound as though I’m some perfect angel.” I chuckled , whilst shaking my head and dabbing at my eyes.

“You are. I don’t know what I did to deserve someone as amazing as you but I’m thankful everyday that you saw something in me that you liked.” Alex said, looking at me with some expression that I didn’t quite understand. Was it awe? No, it couldn’t be awe, why would he look at me in awe?