Isabelle Olympus part 12

Hey guys! This is the next chapter. I don't think it's that great but I felt I should upload it anyway. Please let me know what you think!

I couldn’t hold back the tears as I told Iris what had happened. That Jerk! Iris hadn’t interrupted me as I spoke which I had been grateful for. If I had stopped I don’t think I would have been able to get going again. Iris waited patiently for me to finish before she let out a long rant of curses all directed at Connor.

“That . . .” Iris trailed, obviously not finding another word to describe Connor. “How could he do that?”

“For ‘power’ apparently.” I said in a tone that tried to be amused but failed miserably.

“Just you wait, your parents will fry him alive if I don’t meet him first! I always thought he was a sneaky prick before, but then when he started going out with you he seemed so sweet, I probably should have realised that it was so out of character for him, but I just thought that you were bringing out a good in him that I hadn’t seen before. But apparently he never changed and he always was bad news. Your fathers saw it too.” Iris continued.

“No, they just didn’t want me dating at all. This is just going to prove to them that they were right and that I shouldn’t be seeing anyone at all for another hundred years!” I groaned. “Maybe they’re right.” I added quietly.

“That’s just ridiculous! Just because one relationship goes wrong doesn’t mean you give up on them completely. It just means that you have to hold your head up high and carry on as best you can until you forget about him.” Iris implored.

“I guess you’re right. I mean sixteen is a bit young to swear off guys for eternity isn’t it?” I smiled.

“Apparently not for Artemis though, you know she was younger than you when she made that decision.” Iris said.

“Really? How old was she?” I asked.

“I don’t know exactly, it was before my time. But I know she was very young.” Iris replied. “Speaking of your parents, they don’t know yet, do they?”

“No, and I don’t know how I’m going to tell them. My fathers will be so smug.” I groaned and put my head in my hands.

“No they won’t! They care about you, and they won’t be happy that you’re hurt, even if it does prove them right.” Iris encouraged me.

“I guess that I should probably go tell them, shouldn’t I?” I asked wincing at Iris, not wanting to hear her answer.

“Yeah, you should or else they’ll hear it from someone else shortly and that won’t be good as who knows what story Connor is spreading. Gossip travels extremely fast on Olympus, let’s just hope that they haven’t already found out. But I think we’d know by now if they had.” Iris said wearily looking at the sky outside the window, which was still clear and blue. She was right if they knew there would be thunder and lightning and everything else they could throw from the sky.

I took a deep breath, not quite sure if I was ready to do this or not, but realised that I’d have to do it either way.

“Wish me luck.” I said to Iris before closing my eyes and thinking of Olympus. When I opened them again I was surrounded by the familiar and busy site of Olympus. I walked slowly up to the throne room as though I was walking to my own execution, but why should I be scared? I didn’t do anything wrong. If anyone should be scared tight now it should be Connor. But then they’ll be angry. Very angry. And who knows what they’ll do.

I took a small look at the newsstands selling The God, The Bad and The Ugly as I passed and I was relieved to see that there was nothing about me or Connor on the front cover at least. I didn’t want to stop to look in them, because I knew that I was just looking for any excuse not to carry on. So I made myself keep on walking up to the throne room, but I was shocked when I got there to hear voices already coming from the room.