Isabelle Olympus part 15

Okay guys! Here's the next part, I hope you like it and please let me know what you think!

Alex was a great distraction, he let me get out all my anger and hurt but afterwards completely changed the topic and told me things that made me laugh, completely forgetting about Connor. I was really grateful for what he did for me. I know that it must have been quite awkward for him to have me crying on his shoulder, but he didn’t show it at all.

It was late by the time we were saying goodbye. I had completely lost track of time whilst talking to him, he was just so easy to get along with.

“Thanks for everything tonight.” I said awkwardly as we were both standing on the end of the pier, neither of us really wanting to leave yet.

“You’re welcome. I had fun, and you needed someone to talk to.” He said with a casual shrug. How could he be so casual about it? Surely he must feel awkward, or repulsed or something! I had cried on his shoulder half of the night and he was saying that that he had a fun night? I’m sure he was just being polite, but I just felt a sincerity coming from him which was confusing. But then my recent judgement in a person’s character hadn’t been too good, so I didn’t want to put too much faith in it.

“Good night.” I smiled deciding to put some distance between us, because he was starting to confuse me.

“Actually, it’s good morning.” He said with a soft smile. My eyes widened at this, it was the morning? I knew we had been talking for a while but I didn’t know it had been that long!

“Oh gods! Chiron is going to kill me!” I groaned, making Alex chuckle. The last time I had been this late I had the excuse that it was my birthday, and I think I had also blamed the whole thing on Iris. I don’t know if I could get away with it again. I just hope that he thought when I disappeared from the dining area that I had gone to bed.

“Sorry if I get you in trouble.” Alex grinned.

“It’s not your fault if I do get in trouble.  And it’s just Chiron can be worse than my parents because he is technically my boss at camp and his form of punishment will come in having to take the Aphrodite girls for their swimming lessons, which they hate by the way! Always complaining that they don’t want to get their hair wet. Last time I had to squirt them with water and then demand them to get into the lake as their hair was now already wet. Or he’ll make me take the really young kids on a trip somewhere and they always get so hyper, it’s a nightmare!” I ranted whilst grimacing at the memories.

Alex seemed to find them funny though, and I found myself smiling at him. I couldn’t help it, his laugh was contagious and just made me happy, especially knowing that I had made him laugh. Wait what? That’s stupid Izzy! I scolded myself, that sort of irrational thinking is what caused us to get in this mess!

I was brought out of my thoughts when I felt Alex’s arms slip around me, pulling me in for a hug. I was shocked, he wanted to hug me? But I had just spent half the night ruining his shirt by crying on it. Surely he wanted to get away from me as fast as possible.

“Goodbye.” He said quietly before letting me go, smiling and disappearing. I was left there standing on the pier in shock. Tonight had gone very differently to how I had imagined, but I found that I didn’t really mind, it had been a very nice change.

I walked up to my cabin, with thoughts whizzing through my head, most of them centred around Alex. He had been so nice to me, he didn’t have to do any of what he had tonight. Half of the thoughts I was having, I was angry at myself for even thinking. At one point I caught myself remembering how nice he smelt when he hugged me! I definitely should not be thinking about this. Boys were trouble, especially gods! Had I not learnt my lesson the other day? I was just asking for it again, wasn’t I? I mentally slapped myself, and told my brain to get a grip, I was not going to think about another boy for a long time!