Isabelle Olympus part 4

Hey guys! I know it's not very long but I felt bad for making you wait for a long time! And thanks for the suport it really makes my day when I see I get a comment on my story. Enjoy!

There was silence as I stood in front of my parents holding Connor's hand, it was like anyone bringing their boyfriend home for the first time to meet their parents but thirteen times worse. Aphrodite seemed to be the only person who wasn't frowning at the joined hands hoping that if they stared hard enough they would jump apart or burst into flames. Surprisingly, it was Iris that jumped to my aid.

"Izzy, you have to come cut the cake." She interrupted, grabbing my free hand and pulling me away. I thought it wise at this point to drop Connor's hand and allow myself to be dragged to a table that had appeared out of thin air. On the table there was a large cake, with perfect frosting and 'Happy Birthday' written in elegant script across the top. I couldn't help but grin at her excitement, she was practically jumping up and down like a little puppy. She handed me the knife, I closed my eyes and cut the cake. What did I wish? A billion things at once, I wished for my parents to accept the fact that I was going out with Connor. I wished that I would be a good goddess, I wished that I wouldn't completely muck this up.

For the rest of the night my parents seemed to make it their mission to keep me as far away from Connor as possible. Whenever we were talking one of them would interrupt and lead one of us away, whenever we were sitting anywhere near each other someone would pop up in the middle of us making conversation almost impossible. They were being so childish, but I guess they were used to getting exactly what they wanted.

When they had run out of excuses to prevent me from talking to Connor, they decided that it was time for me to go home as it was 'getting late'. Iris wasn't having any of it though, she demanded the right to take me out to a club, using a puppy dog face that should be illegal, no one could say no to that face. So Iris started dragging me towards exit whilst I looked helplessly around for another way out. My eyes made contact with my parents' begging them to get me out of this, I had done enough dancing with the Aphrodite girls earlier this evening to kill my feet, but no one tried to save me. The ferociously determined look on Iris' face stopped anyone who was thinking of stepping in, the bunch of cowardly traitors. I glared at them all as I was being dragged away to a torturous evening but they all just smirked smugly at me, happy at not being in my shoes, quite literally.

"Where are we going?" I whined like a toddler. Iris just rolled her eyes at my tone and kept going forward.

"We are going to a club."

"But why? Do we have to?" I groaned.

"To celebrate, of course, it's not every day a girl turns sixteen for the rest of her now immortal life. And I don't think you're really reacting the right way." She said frowning.

"I'm sorry it's just that my feet are already killing me from earlier in the night." I said shrugging, hoping that I hadn't offended her, I had only just met her and didn't want to lose her as a friend.

"Ah, I've got just the thing." She replied giggling, as she dragged me over to one of the market stalls. A few minutes later she came out of the shop holding something behind her back. "Now this might just be the best invention that any of the gods have inspired and a gift for every girl." She handed me a small packet with a picture of a pair of heels with wings attached.

"Hermes' helping heels?" I asked incredulously, this was so something that I could tease Hermes about.

"Laugh all you want but these are life savers, literally." She told me with a serious face. Still sceptical I opened the packet and took out two pads made of a jelly material and put them inside my shoes as Iris instructed me.