Isabelle Olympus part 28

hello people! Here's the next part. I think it's a bit of a filler but I hope that you guys still enoy it. please let me know what you think. I love reading all of your comments they always make me smile.

Also I know that I was having a few problems with this story on the wattpad app on my phone for a while and I don't know of any of you were too but if you were hopefully it should be sorted out now as I've spoken to the tech people and it is fine on mine again.

I was brought out of my thoughts by Grover mentioning my name.

“And this is Isabelle Olympus, she’s a helper here at camp.” Helper? Did he just call me a helper? I am much more important than a helper! I understand that it’s hard to explain to someone what my role was here at camp without telling them outright that I was a goddess here to look out for each and every demigod, but still my ego was hit by the demotion. I should at least be called a camp leader or director or something like that. I would have to have words with Grover later.

“Hello.” Percy said quietly whilst smiling nervously, but I couldn’t say that I blamed him for being a bit uneasy, he had just defeated a mythical creature that he didn’t even know existed and now everyone around him was acting as though this was a normal everyday occurrence.

“Hi Percy, you can call me Izzy, everyone does. I’m here for all of the campers so if you have any problems you can always come to me.” I smiled at him, whilst shaking his hand, hoping to help him relax.

“Yes, yes, we get it, he’s the new kid, but can we skip past the ‘how do you dos’ and all the other pleasantries that etiquette dictates we should say and get back to the real matter at hand which is this game of pinochle? So Izzy are you betting or not?” Dionysus jumped in, obviously annoyed that Percy was stealing everyone’s attention away from his favourite game. As far as Dionysus was concerned there was nothing special about this kid, he was just another new camper and he had seen far too many of them arrive to be interested in Percy. He didn’t believe that Percy was going to be anything special. When he heard of Chiron’s plan to post himself in Percy’s school Dionysus thought he was mad and I quote ‘it’s a whole lot of fuss over nothing. He’ll turn out to be just like any other kids in this dump and then you’ll all be wondering what you were so excited about’. Well we’ll soon see which one of us was right, but I kind of hoped for Percy’s sake that Dionysus was right. If Chiron and I were right, then Percy’s life was going to get a hell of a lot harder.

I was a little surprised when I looked back down at the game to see how far it had progressed without me paying attention. I must have been daydreaming and thinking for a lot longer than I had originally thought. I quickly made my bet so as not to anger Dionysus any more but my mind wasn’t really on the game. Instead it was spinning around in circles trying to predict what Percy’s arrival here at camp was going to mean for everybody and in particular what it was going to mean for the situation in Olympus.

I was vaguely aware that Chiron was trying to gently break the existence of gods to Percy but I wasn’t completely focused on them. The questions in my mind wouldn’t stop whirling around. What was going to happen now that Percy was here at camp? Who would be his father? Was he the child from the prophecy?

“Wait, you’re telling me that there’s such thing as God?” Percy asked in disbelief.