Isabelle Olympus part 14

Hey guys! I'm really sorry my uploads feel quite slow and short, but school work is taking over the majority of my time at the moment. I keep trying to write but I don't have a lot of time. I hope you enjoy it anyway!

I had a great day down in the underworld, and I’m probably one of the only people who can say that. Most people hate the underworld, which is understandable, it means death and eternal boredom to them. But I had fun, I played with not only Lucy but also Cerberus who was happy to see me again and got on well with Lucy. Hades actually managed to take a lot of time off to spend the day with me but he was an important person and very busy. Persephone didn’t give up on her quest to try and get me to eat something from the underworld. She would try and be subtle and ask me at moments when she thought I wouldn’t notice, but after a very close shave with a cupcake I was cautious with everything she gave me.

I felt kind of bad for her, as she was down here by herself most of the time. I should probably visit more, but recently I’ve been so busy and distracted. What with Connor and Luke and becoming a goddess I hadn’t really had much of a break. I made a promise to myself to try and visit Persephone more often but I had to keep things at camp under control as well.

“Not that I don’t love having you down here, because I really do, but it’s getting late, I’m sure Chiron and the rest of the people at camp will be wanting you back soon.” Hades said frowning slightly at the thought of me going home.

“I don’t want to go just yet, everyone will be talking about Connor, and I just don’t want to hear about him anymore.” I sighed, today had been a great distraction from not only the people back at camp but also my own pain. I didn’t want to admit it to myself but Connor had hurt me. It was foolish of me to think that just because I said I didn’t care about him, it wouldn’t hurt me anymore. Whenever I thought about it there was a slight pain in my chest that I couldn’t control. I mean was I that repellent that the only person who was interested in me, wasn’t even interested in ME? It was a real blow to my self esteem.

“I know, sweetie, but you have to go back at some point and this will all blow over soon enough.” Hades said with a sympathetic smile.

“Can’t I just hide down here until that happens?” I said hopefully.

“No, I’m sorry, you have to face it at some point, it’s better to do it earlier rather than later.” He tried to encourage me.

“Fine.” I pouted and stuck my tongue out at him playfully. I gave both him and Persephone a quick hug goodbye before closing my eyes and thinking of camp.

When I opened my eyes again I was standing in my clearing, alone. I took a deep breath, readying myself for seeing them again. I wasn’t quite sure why I was so worried about seeing them as I knew they weren’t angry at me, but it was kind of embarrassing having them know how I was so easily taken in and I didn’t want to be pitied.

I started to walk back slowly, taking my time as I was certainly in no rush to hear them complain about Connor. Before I really wanted to I started to see the camp and the demigods within it. It was dinner time and everyone was in the dining area, already eating. I didn’t really want to join them just yet but my stomach had other ideas as it gave a loud rumble. The problem with being in the underworld all day was that there wasn’t anything I could eat. That’s not to say that there was nothing to eat there, because Persephone had made sure that there was something delicious wherever I looked, to tempt me. I had managed to resist, but up here I couldn’t ignore the food any longer, not when it smelled so good. I would have to join them when they had already started, great! I thought sarcastically, way to make what was already bound to be an awkward moment even more awkward.

I held my head up high and walked into the area, ignoring the silence that fell over the camp when they saw me. I purposefully didn’t look anyone in the eye, I was afraid of what I would see there. I hated that they pitied me, I was meant to be a strong goddess but yet I’m still treated like a child. I didn’t need their pity and I didn’t want it. It just reminded me how much I had screwed up, that the people that I’m meant to look after and protect are worried about me.