Isabelle Olympus part 5

Hey Guys! Here's the next chapter! Thank you so much for all your support I really appreaciate it!

Enjoy and let me know what you think!

I skipped to lunch early with a huge grin on my face, still revelling in my victory over Jake. It wasn't until I was already sitting at my new table, about to dig into my food when I noticed there was a new girl standing at the edge of the dining area looking lost. There was no one else around, so I got up and went to introduce myself. As I got closer, a weird sensation came over me and there was an odd taste in my mouth, as a wave of nerves washed over me. I don't know how I knew it but I knew that this feeling came from the girl and not from me.

"Hi, I'm Izzy, what's your name?" I asked gently. The taste of nerves eased slightly as the girl smiled at me.

"Hi, my name is Clarisse La Rue." She said with an act of bravery.

"Well Clarisse, how did you hear about us?" I asked.

"My dad, he told me to come here." She said with a kind of awkward expression as though debating what she should tell me or not, probably fearing that I would call her crazy if she told me who her dad was. "He's Ares." She added quietly on the end. I nodded giving her an encouraging smile.

"Well then, let's find Chiron and get you settled shall we?" I gestured for the girl to follow me and led her to Chiron's office. I knocked on the door and entered without waiting, Chiron was sitting behind his desk reading and looked up as we came in. I quickly introduced him to Clarisse and walked away feeling confused. How could I feel her nerves? I walked past the lunch area again and immediately was overwhelmed by so many different feelings at once. I wanted to laugh, as well as at the same time feeling lonely and uncomfortable. I knew that it wasn't me feeling this way and I could pin point each emotion I felt to each person in the lunch area. I didn't understand what was happening to me, I couldn't concentrate there were too many feelings running through me for me to be able to even concentrate on one for more than a second before it was replaced by the next. I staggered backwards trying to get away so I could actually think clearly. I wasn't really aware of my surroundings the only thing I could think of was to get away but my feet seemed to know what they were doing, so I let them lead.

Before I knew it I found myself in the clearing where I first met my parents and leaning against a tree was Hermes. A sympathetic smile spread on his face as he simply said

"I've got a message for you."

"Has it got something to do with the all the emotions I'm feeling right now, because if not could you please leave a message after the beep?" I asked still holding my slightly ringing head. He let out a chuckle before replying.

"Well you're in luck, it is about that."

"So what are you waiting for?" I snapped harshly, but it wasn't my anger I was feeling, which only frustrated me more. Hermes chuckled at my face which was a mixture of confusion and frustration.

"It's part of your role as a goddess of heroes." He started to explain. "You're more in tune with the demigods now, so you can feel their emotions. You can learn to tune them out completely or turn them on whenever you want. But it may take a while to get a handle of it. The human mind is simpler than that of a demigod as the demigods are related to the gods and as we all know we are infinitely better." He added smugly. "Which means that you can actually read a human's mind if you try hard enough."

"Wow, really? Mind reading? That is so cool!" I exclaimed.

"Yeah, but until you learn to control it you're going to have the emotions of a large group of teenagers all growing up and discovering that monsters are going to constantly want to kill them running through you." Hermes laughed with a smirk on his face that clearly said 'sucks to be you'. I stuck my tongue out at him before closing my eyes and trying really hard to turn it off. This only made Hermes's chuckles louder as he saw my failing attempts to block out the constant barrage of emotions.