Bad News

"C'mon Ast or we're gonna miss the train," Lily called.

"Lily please, beauty takes time," Ast said, brushing her hair.

Lily rolled her eyes and left the bathroom. It was finally time to go home. Even though Ast would only be gone for two months, she knew she was going to miss Hogwarts dreadfully.

The full moon was two days ago, and it was by far the smoothest one she'd ever experienced. Oscar and Remus were so calm it was like they never transformed at all.

Ast placed her hairbrush in her bathroom bag and brought it over to her trunk. She packed it away and closed the lid. Lily, Dorcas and Marlene met her at the bottom of the stairs and they all headed to the Entrance Hall to meet the Marauders. As soon as they reached them, Lily pulled Marlene and Dorcas away and they headed to the horse-less carriages together.

"This has been some year," James said, taking a last look at Hogwarts before climbing into their carriage.

"Some year," Ast said.

The carriage began moving and led them towards Hogsmeade Station. When they arrived, students were already piling their things onto the train. They walked down the hallway until they found an empty compartment.

"I still can't get over the fact that your hair is still pink," Remus commented, wrapping his arm around Ast's shoulder and reclining back into his seat.

"Don't mention it," Ast said, glaring at James.

James raised his hands in defence then stuffed a bunch of sweets into his mouth. Ast began a game of exploding snap with Sirius but he ended up beating her. Just as they began another round, someone appeared at their compartment door. It was a small, blonde Ravenclaw boy. He looked around the compartment until his eyes landed on Ast.

"Uh- can I help you?" She asked.

The boy got onto his knees and took her hand in his. Ast was taken aback and tried to free her hand but he had a firm grip.

"Hello my dear-" he greeted.

"Excuse me?"

"Might I say, you pink hair is looking rather... ravishing,"

"Oh um, thank you?" Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"My name is Gilderoy, Gilderoy Lockhart, and I would be thrilled if you would let me call you mine."

"Yeah, maybe wait a few years and then try get past this one," Sirius laughed, indicating to Remus.

Gilderoy glared at Remus, he then turned back to Ast.

"I'll have you know," he said, " that I can treat you much better than him."

"Oh really?" She said, crossing her arms across her chest.

"Yes. Well first of all, my hair looks way better than his-"

"Alright that's enough lover boy," Ast said, steering him out of the compartment and closing the door in his face.

"What was that about?" James laughed.

"I really don't know."

                                      *****

The train finally pulled to a stop. They all scrambled to grab their trunks and left the compartment. They filed out of the train and walked onto the platform. Ast immediately spotted her parents talking to some people. She could see Iris being cradled in her mum's arms.

"My family is here," Peter said. "Bye guys!"

They all took it turns to hug Peter and bid him goodbye. He then rushed up to his family and gave them a hug. He turned back to his friends and gave one final wave before leaving the platform.