Charm Catastrophes

As soon as Ast entered the Gryffindor common room, Miles came bolting towards her. She picked him up and sat down on one of the sofas by the fire.

"Ast! You're finally back!" Remus exclaimed, coming up to hug her, then drawing away, realising that he was a bit too excited.

Ast stifled a giggle as he sat back down.

"I tried to visit you but Madam Pomfrey wouldn't let me. Anyways from now on, I'm staying well away from watercress soup." Remus explained, throwing a blanket over his shoulders.

"Watercress...wait, what?" She asked, dumbfounded.

"'Cause you got poisoned, duh."

"Poisoned?"

Sirius loudly cleared his throat then gave her a warning look. She put two and two together.

"Oh yeah, I was poisoned." She cringed internally.

"I did your homework for you." Remus said, bringing out two rolls of parchment.

Ast smiled, dimples formed on her cheeks as she did so. Remus couldn't help but smile too.

"Aw thanks Remus, you reall-"

"Yeah yeah yeah, you can geek out about that stuff later. Asteria, we've got another prank for you." James interrupted.

Ast sat up straight. Remus drew back, slightly annoyed that his friends had to be there to ruin the moment.

"We do?" Peter asked.

"We've already talked about this, Pete." Sirius said. "Anyways, since we've got a free period tomorrow-"

Remus coughed.

"Well, some of us have got a free period tomorrow." James glared at Remus.

"We're gonna go from class to class levitating first years in their seats."

"Sounds fun," Ast said.

Remus sighed and shook his head, "I'm going to bed, see you idiots tomorrow."

Remus stood up and stalked all the way upstairs to his dormitory.

"Oh yeah, we got these for you," Sirius said, holding up a bag of Honeydukes sweets.

"Oh my, thank you! Wait, how did you get them? The Hogsmede trip isn't until next week." Ast asked, taking the bag from his hands.

The boys looked at each other and grinned.

"Well, we've got our ways around the castle," James said.

"You lot are trouble."

                                        *****

"I can't believe you're doing this," Remus hissed for what seemed like the millionth time.

"We told you, it'll be fine," Ast reassured.

"Hmm, well if you get in trouble then remember I warned you." He said, then left to go to his next class.

The rest of the Marauders and Ast headed to Charms class and waited outside until all the students were in. Sirius silently opened the door and muttered 'levicorpus'. Suddenly, a student started floating. Ast muttered the same curse and aimed it at another student, who also started floating.