Hospital Banter

"This is ridiculous!" Sirius shouted.

They were currently in detention and had to clean out the gum from under each desk in the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom- without magic. Filch had just left to check on some other students who also had detention for trying to sneak out into Hogsmeade without their permission slips.

"Why do we need to clean this up, I'd rather go into the forbidden forest than do this," he grumbled.

"You go there anyway what are you on about?" Remus pointed out.

Sirius glared at him and Remus stuck his tongue out.

"Why aren't you working!" Filch growled as he stormed into the classroom. "Dumbledore said that I can dismiss you whenever I want, so I can keep you here all night if I wanted. So get to it!"

He slammed the door left. Ast rolled her eyes behind his back, they had already been working for two hours and the gum just didn't seem to budge. She now wished that she didn't argue with Dumbledore in order to skip detention.

A couple hours passed and the sun started setting. Ast took a few minutes break and looked over at Remus, his face was as pale as ever.

"Remus," she said with concern, "are you alright?"

The other boys looked at him too. Remus nodded.

"It's tonight, I thought it was tomorrow," James whispered to Sirius.

He didn't want Ast to hear but she did and she instantly know what he meant. The full moon. As soon as he said that, Filch came in to inspect. He took one look at Remus, who seemed too weak to even stand up, then looked at James and dismissed them all.

"Ast, go back to the common room, we'll be back," Sirius quickly said.

"What? Where are you guys going?" Ast asked, confused as to why they were leaving her out of whatever they were going to do.

"Please just go back,"

"Fine!" She said as she walked out of the classroom. 

There was no way she was going to stay in the common room. She hid behind a suit of armour that was conveniently situated outside of the classroom. The boys left the room and quickly rushed through the corridor. She waited for a few seconds before running in the direction they went in. She rushed past the Entrance Hall, but did a double take when she spotted four people at the edge of the forest. She ran out of the castle, towards the boys. They were ushering Remus towards the Whomping Willow, Ast was just about to warn them about the tree when the full moon came into view from behind the clouds. The boys suddenly stopped and she hid behind a large rock.

Remus fell onto the floor, his screams piercing the silence. The boys tried to pick him up, but he was too heavy. He started growing taller, hair covered his body, clothes were ripping, and claws appeared in the place where his nails were supposed to be. Ast's eyes widened with fear and she felt rooted to the spot.

Suddenly Remus Lupin, in the form of a werewolf, stood before them. He growled at the boys, and on impulse, Ast surged forward.

"Run!" She shouted to the boys as she got in-between the boys and Remus.

"Ast are you crazy get back!" James shouted back, trying to pull her away.

"Don't worry, I've got this. Just run!"

She turned into her animagus form. The boys ran away, leaving just her and Remus. She needed to calm him down before she could manage to hide him.

Was she nervous? No, she had done this many times before with Oscar. She looked him in the eye to show that she wasn't scared or prey. She edged closer to him, still looking him in the eye. His eyes softened up and she run into the forest, away from the boys. Remus instantly followed.