Lily's Second Surprise

"We're what?!" Ast yelled.

Sirius immediately cowered away, dropping his voice to that of a murmur, "throwing a Halloween party."

"I don't know if you've noticed, Sirius, but we're in the middle of a war here!"

"Well I just thought it would be nice."

"The wedding was one thing, but this, no. Especially not in my house."

He averted Ast's gaze and bit his lip. Her stomach dropped.

"What have you done?" She demanded.

"I may or may not have invited a few people over,"

"Sirius, I'm the most wanted person by the Death Eaters right now."

"They're not gonna know, plus Halloween is tomorrow and I can't really cancel it now can I?"

"Sirius, the whole world knows about your parties. If you're throwing one, they'll know I'm there. Especially if it's in my house!"

"What's wrong?" Remus asked, coming into the living room.

"Your girlfriend is what's wrong!" Sirius exclaimed.

"I'm wrong? You're the one who wants to throw a party!" Ast shouted.

"Both of you shut it," Remus said. "You're acting like children."

"He's the one wanting to throw a party!" She protested.

"So let him."

"What?"

That took Ast by surprise, usually Remus was the one who wanted things to be in order, so she thought that he wouldn't be too enthusiastic about a party.

"Let him throw it,"

"Whatever," Ast said. "I'm going to Marlene's,"

"Wait," Remus called. "Could someone please explain what this is?"

He brought out a frying pan- well it was a frying pan except for the fact that it was completely flattened. Ast was just as confused as Remus.

"Oh that was me, my bad," Sirius said.

"How on earth did you- you must've bloody body slammed it!" Ast said.

Sirius giggled, "I was cooking."

"Sirius! How many times have we told you to stay out of the kitchen?" Remus demanded. "You and that kitchen are just the bane of my existence."

Ast was shaking her head. "This house is mental. And everyone's bloody deluded."

"So you're deluded too?" Sirius asked.

"Yes, after living with you two, my head just might as well spontaneously combust. Now if you excuse me, I really need to get to Marlene's."

She grabbed her coat and headed to her front door. She opened it and jumped as she saw someone raising their hand to knock.

Sirius. No, he looked like Sirius, but younger.

"Regulus?" She said.

"They told me Sirius would be here," Regulus said, his face looked grim.

"Yeah... Come in," Ast eyed him suspiciously.

What was he doing here? From what Sirius had told her, his family hated him. He was disowned when he ran away at 16.

Ast moved out of the way so he could come in, as he did, she spotted a gold chain hanging out of his coat pocket. She led Regulus into her living room, where Sirius and Remus were. Sirius's eyes widened in horror as he took in his brother.