The First Transformation

"It's done!" Someone yelled.

Ast halted her conversation with Marlene and turned around to find James weaving his way through the crowd. He reached them and keeled over, panting with his hands on his knees.

"What is?" Ast asked.

"The month is up!" he whispered grabbing her arm and pulling her in the direction of the common room.

"Wait I've kind of got a situation here," she said trying to pull her arm from his grasp.

"Well it can wait,"

Ast quickly turned back to Marlene and gave her an apologetic look. She allowed James to pull her through the crowd of students heading to and from classes. They were going so fast that they were about to run face first into someone. Ast managed to stop herself, however James collided with the person.

"Watch where you're going-" the person began.

Ast looked up at them. For a split second she thought it was Sirius, but that was stupid. Sirius's hair wasn't short and Sirius definitely didn't wear Slytherin robes. This person was in fact his younger brother, Regulus Black.

James quickly ruffled his hair up and pushed his glasses up against the bridge of his nose. Regulus looked away shyly.

"You alright, Reg?" James asked.

"Alright, and you?" Regulus responded.

"Feeling very delighted at the moment."

James leaned forward and whispered something in Regulus's ear, causing him to go red. Ast raised an eyebrow, she knew for a fact that Sirius wouldn't want James talking to his brother. James drew back and said something along the lines of "later", winked at Regulus and then grabbed Ast's hand again.

"What was that?" She asked.

"Nothing, just wondering how he's been." James said, leading her away.

Ast stopped walking, a broad smile plastered across her face. "You're seeing him aren't you?"

"Don't know what you're talking about,"

James was avoiding eye contact, something he did when he lied.

"Do you really think that I'm an idiot?"

"Yes- no, no I don't."

"What was that, Potter?"

"Nothing... just... don't tell Sirius, okay?"

"I knew it! You can't hide anything from me, Jamie-poo."

She winked at him and he grinned like an idiot. She always had a suspicion that something was going on between the two. During dinner, she'd often catch James's eyes drifting off towards the Slytherin table where Regulus sat. James would also request for Quidditch training to be directly after Slytherin's. It didn't take a genius to figure out why.

However, Sirius didn't seem to be a genius as he didn't seem to have a clue about what his brother and best friend were doing under his nose. That was mainly because Sirius was chasing other boys and girls to notice.

"Miss Nott... Miss Nott!" Professor Mcgonagal said behind James and Ast.

"Yes, Professor?" Ast swivelled round.

"Where were you today?"

"Professor?"

"For career advising! You were supposed to be at my office at 3:15!"

Her eyes widened. She had planned it with McGonagall almost a week ago, she couldn't believe she had forgotten.

"I'm so sorry professor, I forgot,"