Lake-side Drama

The past week had felt so weird. Ast had gone from the loud and troublesome Marauders to the quiet and studious Lily and Snape. The latter would be great study partners but they were not her type. Lily had been trying to make Ast feel welcome, but Ast could tell that Snape really disliked her.

She had been trying to avoid wherever the Marauders were, deliberately leaving places if she saw them coming. She still couldn't get over the fact that Remus didn't stand up for her. She still saw them during classes and meals and they seemed to be doing fine without her.

"Lily I'm bored," Ast said.

They had been in the library for the past two hours much to Ast's dismay. Lily insisted that they should spend as much time as possible revising for their O.W.L.S, which were only a month away.

"Then what do you suggest we do then?" She asked, closing her book and turning towards Ast.

"Let's just say that I know a way to get into Honeydukes without getting caught."

Lily raised an eyebrow.

"I'm not doing that,"

She turned back to her book and opened it again. Ast leaned forward and grabbed the book from her.

"Hey!" Lily exclaimed.

"Lily come on, we've been in this library everyday for the past week, let's just have some fun."

"This is fun,"

Ast glared at her.

"Okay okay, but how will we get there?" She asked.

Ast brought her voice down to a whisper. "I may or may not know of a passage will lead us right into the cellar of Honeydukes."

Ast smirked, waiting for her to answer. Lily contemplated it for a few seconds. Then Lily smiled back.

*****

"Are you sure it's here?" Lily hisses.

"Yes, it's just down this corridor," Ast hissed back.

"Ast I really don't like this, and we're out of bed as well this is horrible."

"Shush or else we'll get caught,"

Footsteps echoed in the empty corridor. Ast shoved Lily behind a suit of armour and covered her mouth with her hand. Lily whimpered and Ast had to press her hand tighter against Lily's mouth to muffle any future sound. The footsteps grew louder. Ast held her breath and could feel Lily shaking next to her.

"Ast?" A familiar voice said.

A bright light appeared in front of their faces so she shielded it with her free arm. She realised that it was coming from a wand and the speaker came into the light.

"Ben?"

His full face came into view. His dark brown hair was all messed up and his blue eyes had dark circles underneath them. When he saw the two girls, he raisesd his eyebrow and an amused smile appeared on his face.

"Why do I always bump into you when you're up to no good?" He chuckled.

"I really don't know," Ast said, coming out from behind the suit of armour, pulling Lily with her.

Ben noticed Lily. "Well I never, a fellow prefect causing trouble,"

"You're a prefect?" Ast asked.