Rose-shaped Lollipops

"James could you possibly get any dumber?" Remus sighed in frustration.

"What's going on?" Ast asked as she sat down under their usual beech tree.

"James here is going to fail his O.W.L.s if he doesn't start studying." He said, pulling out a sheet of notes, "take these, it's for Charms, it's not everything but you'll get the main ideas."

He handed the paper to James. O.W.Ls were all Remus seemed to talk about these days. Ast thought that he was beginning to sound like their teachers.

It had been three days since the boys first turned into animagi. They'd been transforming whenever they had free time and it was starting to get really annoying. Asteria and Remus had been planning their upcoming date which would take place on their next Hogsmeade visit which would be on Saturday. Fortunately, it also happened to be the same day as Valentine's Day. The other boys still had no idea though.

They had, however, come up with nicknames for the group of them; Prongs for James, Padfoot for Sirius, Wormtail for Peter, Moony for Remus, and Vixen- or Vix for short- for Ast.

The full moon was also that night. Oscar and Remus would be paired up once more. Remus had seemed to be growing fairly acquainted with Oscar. They had shared a bond over their horrible curse.

"Well it's no problem for you two since you're both the smartest in the year," James pointed out.

"I wouldn't say the smartest," Ast argued.

"Says the person who turned into an animagus during her third year and gets perfect grades."

"Oh shut up you're making me sound like a smartass."

"That's 'cause you are," Remus said.

"Shut up,"

"Make me," he grinned.

Peter looked between the two of them with a disgusted look on his face. James and Sirius grinned.

"Could you two get a room?" Peter asked.

Ast glared at him and quickly stood up. Peter stood up too and began running away from her. Ast ran after him, however, he was too quick. She followed him all the way to the edge of the lake. Peter swerved so quickly that she didn't have time to register what had happened before Peter pushed her in the water.

When she reached the surface of the water, Peter was already back at the tree, high-fiving the others. She sighed and pulled herself out of the water. Her hair and clothes soaking wet, Ast walked back towards her friends. She shot a death glare at Peter while Remus wrapped his robe around her shoulders.

     *****

Later that night; Ast, James, Sirius, Peter and Remus walked down the grassy steps towards the Whomping Willow.

They stopped in front of the tree, which was already spreading it's branches, preparing to attack them. They quickly checked to see if the coast was clear then Peter turned into a rat and pressed the knot on the tree's roots.

It immediately stopped spreading its branches, allowing the five of them to go through the opening in its trunk.

"Doing this is so much easier now," James said as they crawled through the tunnel.

They reached the door to the Shrieking Shack. James pushed the door open since he was in the front of their group. He gasped. Oscar was standing inside the room. He was transforming. Ast looked at Remus, he was transforming too.

"Quick give them the potion," she yelled.

But it was too late. They both fully transformed and now were baring teeth at each other. Oscar growled and pounced onto Remus.