Rose Gold

"No don't leave me alone!" Sirius whined

"I didn't say I'm leaving you alone, you can come with me if you want," Ast said.

"Yeah alright, where are we going?"

"We're going to Lily's."

"Excellent." He said, rubbing his hands together and standing up.

They arrived at the Potter's and Lily made them tea. Ast had had enough of waiting for the baby to arrive and couldn't wait for Lily to go out and drink again.

"James is being a prat," Lily said once they were settled down.

"When is he not?" Sirius asked.

Lily smiled, "he keeps wanting to buy all these things for the baby and it's-"

Her sentence was cut off with a scream. Lily clutched her stomach in pain.

"What's wrong?" Ast asked, suddenly filled with worry.

"Don't panic, but I... I think my water just broke,"

Ast's eyes raised in alarm and Sirius started hyperventilating.

"What are we going to do?" Sirius exclaimed. "Has it been nine months yet? Is the baby ready to come? Am I going to be a good uncle? What about-"

Lily had to walk over and slap Sirius to get him to shut up. Sirius stroked his face in pain while Lily ordered him and Ast to grab her stuff and alert James. Her husband came running into the room, a look of fear etched across his face. He too began hyperventilating and was clutching onto Ast so tightly that it was cutting her blood supply in her arm.

"James get your hands off of me!" Ast shouted, peeling his claws off her.

The only one who seemed to be calm was Lily despite her being the one who should be worrying the most. Lily was stood by the door, her hand on her hips, carrying an overnight bag and waiting for the others.

"Shall we get going?" She asked.

"Coming, love," James said, quickly rushing to his wife's aid.

Ast sent an owl to Remus and Peter to tell them to meet them at the hospital. They then arrived and the nurses directed Lily to a bed while they told Sirius and Ast to wait outside.

"Everything's going to be okay," Ast said as they were ushered out.

"Yeah, soon, we'll finally be able to meet Prongslet." Sirius said.

Just as Ast and Sirius were sitting down, Remus and Peter arrived. They waited... and waited... and waited. Ast's heart had been beating like mad and her hands were covered in sweat and clammy. She could tell that Remus was nervous too, from the way he was holding her hand. All their heads turned every time they heard footsteps or voices.

Finally, around three hours later, one of the midwives opened the door and allowed them to enter. Lily was lying on the bed with James at her side. In her arms, was a small bundle of blankets. They walked up to the bed and she showed them the baby, it was the cutest thing Ast had ever seen.

"We called him Harry," James said with tears in his eyes.

"He's beautiful, Lily," Ast managed to say.

"Sirius, Ast, would you like to be his godparents?" Lily asked.

Ast's heart swelled with love; she couldn't believe it. She felt Remus place his hand on her shoulder, giving it a reassuring squeeze.

"Yes," Sirius and Ast said in unison.

                                           *****