Chapter 68: In Another Life

Narrator's POV ~
*sniffle* *sniffle*

"I-It's no use. I-I can't stop the poison!"

"What!"

"What do you mean!"

Usopp and Sanji asked. But before they could have their answer, Law suddenly took over the treatment.

"ROOM!"

"SCAN!"

Then he started scanning her body for the poison. He did what treatment he could do at the limit of his power, but he already knew the results and it broke him.

"O-Oi, Law. What is it? Chopper, what's happening?!" Usopp asked again.

"It has already spread further. The only thing I can do is to slow it down. B-But, I still can't stop it. I-I failed!" Law said, his hat shadowing his eyes.

"I-I'm s-sorry too, minna. I don't have an advanced knowledge with this new type of poison yet. I-I can only give Hania a serum to help ease her pain. I can't stop it. I failed too. I-I, I failed my nakama!!!"Chopper cried harder after injecting a serum to help relieve and lessen the pain from the poison.

"It's alright. Arigatou. Chopper." Her vision and hearing got slightly better thanks to Choppers serum that helped ease her pain, with Law's help that slowed the poison from spreading fast than its normal speed rate.

"B-But I couldn't s-save you Hania." Chopper cried. But Zephania just gave him warm smile.

"But both you and Law gave me time. Just enough to have my remaining moments with you guys, and also say my goodbyes to all of you." She said.

Chopper wiped his tears, calming himself and started wrapping a large amount of bandages on her large wounds, giving Zephania time to give her goodbyes to them.

"You did the best you could." Robin tried to calm Chopper.

"I-I have to treat you too Robin." Chopper said and quickly tended to Robin's wound.

"O-Oh no. No!" Nami's voice broke as she started crying, finally realizing her friend's life was fading.

Law, who fell silent, finally screamed from anger.

"RAAAGHH!!"

He then conjured his Room ability.

"SCALPEL!" He then waved his hand and Crocodile's heart popped up in Law's hand.

He then started to squeeze it, pouring all his rage into attempting to kill Crocodile.

"Oi oi. What are you doing!" Sanji asked, getting bothered. Then Zephania noticed it.

"Law, stop!" But Law was clouded with anger, he didn't stop.

"If you do this, you're no better than him! Stop it-Ah!" As Zephania shouted at the best her voice could manage. Law snapped out of it, realizing what he was doing he then dropped the heart from his hand to the ground.

Then he looked at Zephania with sadness in his eyes.

"Y-You, won't make a wish to save yourself?" he asked. But knowing her, he already knew her response.

"I figured one selfish wish for myself was already enough."

"I can't lose you again. Not like this. You know I can't." Law said and started crying.

"Please. Don't cry. I'll always be by your side. With all of you." She said to Law, and to her friends.

"N-No. Hania." Zoro pleaded as his voice cracked from suppressing himself from bursting to tears.