Chapter 56: Fun

Zephania's POV ~
"You alright shrimp?" It was Kid, and he was eating an ice cream with his other hand. I nodded at his question.

"Oi, you squirts!" he shouted at the ones who threw the ball.

He held the vall in his hands and threw the ball back at them with such force, it hit one of them in the face and his nose was bleeding and fainted.

Kid looked back at me.

"Hey." he said.

"Hey." was all I replied. I felt a bit awkward, ever since his confession and when I turned him down. Well, I guess it's better than making him wait.

"I'm fine if you're asking." he started, which was what I was about to ask.

"Oh, y-you are? That's a relief." I said looking away awkwardly.

"So, what made you come here?  You don't look like the type that speaks summer and fun." I joked, trying to start a conversation.

"I own this resort. Technically, the old man does. I just came by to chill." he said, while I was surprised that my mouth hung open. I knew he was rich, but I didn't think he was this rich.

"Heh, good to have you back shrimp." he just chuckled at my reaction and ruffled my hair. I remained silent in front of him. I can't keep avoiding him.

"Well, I got to go. I'm up surfing with the gang. Come watch if you want." He said  and I just nodded. He then ran off and met up with Killer, who gave him a red surfing board. Then they swam towards the wave and immediately stood at their surfing board.

He rode the wave along with Killer. The sun hitting them at a perfect angle. The water splashing on their figure. He looked like he was having fun. It really looked refreshing of Kid.

Then I noticed his gaze turned to my direction. He saw me and he smiled. He actually looked cute. It's like you can't even tell that he had a loud personality. I just chuckled at the thought.

Once the wave was gone, I grabbed a towel from a bench. They swam back and I walked towards Kid and gave him the towel.

"Thanks." He said and wiped his dripping self.

"You're welcome." Then he returned the towel to me. I noticed him stare at me, and then he looked away with light pink tints on his cheek.

"You look good by the way." he suddenly said. Now I feel embarrassed.

"Thank you. Uhm, wanna play volleyball with us?" I suggested, since we already started and we don't know anyone who wants to play.

"Sure, I got my gang with me. A battle of your gang with mine, sounds interesting." he said and called out his friends.

His team consisting of Kid, Killer, Wire and Heat, while ours was with me, Robin, Sanji, and Usopp. We just let Chopper rest since it was so hot and he can't really take heat much longer. My brother is sleeping by a wall, Luffy and Law are gone, and Nami starts a gamble to whoever team wins. Well, this should be fun.

"Let's have one rule to be fair. Sound good to you?" I said walking towards my team. Kid's team just nodded.

"No using of your abilities. Got it."

"Heh, let's do this. You'll lose anyway." I see Kid grinning with excitement from across the court. So was I.

The first match, we had the ball to serve by Sanji. That's when the game started.

It was hard to run because of the sand, but it's still a miracle that our scores always end up tied. I'm up to serve. I smacked the ball hard, but Kid caught it passing it Killer.

Killer jump and smacked the ball all the way here at the back.

"I got it." I said and ran to hit the ball

" -gr -s-v L-w" I stopped when I heard the same glitch in my head again. But before I knew it, the ball hit me hard in face and I fell.

"Hania!"