Chapter 45: Return

Zephania's POV ~
These three men approached me, standing in front of me, trying to get my attention as I just ignored them.

"Oi, come on.~"

"Don't ignore us."

"We just want to have fun with ya."

They simply don't get that I'm ignoring them. I don't want to engage with them. So I'll just continue ignoring them, maybe they'll leave.

"Hey. I said come with us." One of them suddenly tried to grab me, when another hand grabbed his before he could grab me.

"Can't you see she's not willing to go with you. Now fuck off." It was Kid, he came back.

"Who are you supposed to be." the man asked.

"I'm with her, now leave." he said as he aggressively lets go of the mans hand and approached me.

"Ow, that freaking hurts! You'll pay for that!" the man yelled and suddenly punched Kid in the face and he fell to the ground. I immediately got up and went to his side.

"Look at him. So weak. You shouldn't be with that weak guy miss. Come with us instead." his other companion said. They really don't get it.

"I'd rather be with someone weak than a bully. Besides, Kid is not weak." I said and stood up to them.

"Then we'll force you!" the other guy suddenly grabbed me aggressively.

"Get your fucking hands off her!" I heard Kid shout and punched the guy who grabbed me with his metal arm. The man fell unconscious and lets go of me.

The others tried to fight off Kid, but they were no match. They all dropped with just one punch from Kid.

Security came and took the men out of the park. Kid and I both sat back up. He looked down. I slowly reached my hands to his face and turned his head to face me.

"Are you okay?" I asked as I looked into his eyes while he looked into mine. I noticed his cheek bruised a bit, so I caressed it gently and lightly. He just gently took my hands down and suddenly embraced me.

"I shouldn't have left." he whispered.

"It's not your fault. I'm alright, thanks to you." I said and he lets go of me.

"I should take you home, it's getting dark." he suggested.

"Okay." I said. Then we started walking out the park and went to his bike. He hoisted me up first. He stood in front of me and then took off his coat and wrapped it around me.

"It's getting cold. I dunno if you feel it, but I don't want you getting sick." he said and I nodded. He just ruffled my head and chuckled.

"Kid!" I heard a loud and deep voice calling Kid's name. I looked at Kid and he seemed to be afraid of something, or someone. I looked at where he was staring, it was a very large grumpy man with a long beard with a scale tattoo on his arm.

"D-Dad?"

Kid's POV ~
We were about to go when I heard a familiar voice call my name.

"D-Dad?" It was my adoptive father, Kaido.
He was standing outside his car from across us.

My real parents died when I was young, and this man Kaido adopted me and somehow became my father, though he doesn't act like one. He only wants me to inherit his business, that freaking factory he's running. I thought he wouldn't be back until next month. Why is he here.

"What are you doing in this kind of place." he said as he approached us.

"Nothing. We were just going back." I replied.

"We?" he questioned, then his gazed turned away from me as he noticed I was with shrimp.

"Who are you?" He asked her.

"Good Evening sir. I'm Roronoa Zephania." she said and bowed.

"What is she? She's like a doll, no emotion whatsoever." he said and looked at me.

"Is this what you've been doing while I'm gone? Disgraceful. You know you're only here so you'll take over my business one day. So bide by my rules!" I can sense he's not in a good mood. Is he drinking again?

"I don't want to take over that polluted stupid factory of yours! I already told you, I don't want it. If you have to toss me out, then fine! I don't care!" I shouted at him. He seemed pissed off by my gesture, but I don't regret it.

"How dare you!" he then raised his huge hands, clumped to fist, he was about to punch me. I get it, he doesn't want me to disobey. If that's his answer to my protest, then I have no problem taking it. It would also be a bad image for me to shrimp if I physically fought the person who took me in. So I just closed my eyes, waiting for it to be over with. I waited, but nothing came.

I opened my eyes and shrimp was in front of me, spreading her arms as if blocking him and protecting me, I noticed my old man stopped.

"Shrimp. What are yo-"

"I may not know what's going on, nor it's my business, but a parent should never hit his child. You sir seem capable of anything, I get it, but it doesn't give you the right to control other people's life, especially your own child. He's the only one you've got. Please don't do anything that you'll regret or you'll lose him. If you have problems, please talk it out without trying to use violence. Kid is a very great person, and great friend, I know that for a fact. I'll fight you if I have to, I won't let anyone harm any one of my friends."

I was at lost for words. It seems like he was too. He started to lower his fists. Even though they were just simple words, but it meant so much for me. Though there was a chance he could've punched her also, she didn't move. She just stood her ground. I don't know if it's because she doesn't feel fear or pain, or maybe because she cares, either way, it was so risky.

Now, I don't know what he's thinking right now, or what's he gonna do next, so I went in front of shrimp covering her just in case.

"BWAHAHAHAHA!!!" He suddenly bursted into laughter. What the hell?

"You! I like you! I guess Kid's got a good eye on catching this one! Bwahahahaha!" he exclaimed as he looked at shrimp from behind me and continued laughing.

"I will go back to work! I just came here to check up on things, that includes you! Don't you dare mess around while I'm gone! And keep that doll!" he shouted as he walked back to his car and drove off. What the hell just happened!

(A/N: Yeah, I know, having Kaido as Kid's parent is a bit disturbing. Hahah. At least he's adopted. Hahahahah. Okay, see you next time. Don't forget to vote and comment as much as you like minna. Stay safe and take care.)