Chap. 5: Final Step

Narrator's POV ~
Few minutes has passed while Zephania is still drinking. The bottle was almost empty. And she was starting to get drunk, but not that drunk. She's just, messed up.

"Those bastards! That Ace! I will never forgive them. Especially him! Never! Never! They're all bakas! Baka!" Zephania kept shouting, crying out, while banging her head on the steering wheel, until her bag fell under the seat.

"Damn it." she whispered and ducked under to search for her bag. When she grabbed a hold of it, she immediately pulled it out. But then when she got to pull it out, all of the things inside falls out.

She then placed the bag beside her and pucked up all the things that was inside it. Including, "Ace's present." she said as she held in her hands the box. She tore it open to take a look of the necklace, for the last time.

"It should have been perfect.... But now, I know. I'm going to promise to myself, that I'll never accept any men in the world to be part of my life ever again, except for my big brother and my best friends. They, men are all good for nothing. Always hurting the feelings of us women. They only want what they desire. Women, bodies, wealth, money, power now I completely understand. That's what happened to my parents, and now that's what happened to me. All men are losers, they don't fucking care! I'm never gonna be pathetic ever again. I hate them! I hate them! I hate them! I hate...... I hate...... myself." she said to herself and completely drank all what's left in the bottle until it's empty, while staring at the necklace.

She rubbed the necklace one last time to feel what it was like, until she will finally get rid of it. "Well, so long pretty necklace. I hope you understand me, why I have to do this." she said to the necklace, as she gripped on it. And then she looked out the window and, threw the necklace into the forest.

"Bye." she whispered, as she started rising to window glass. She then thought of something.

"Ah, sorry big bro. You must be worried." she said and started the car. She started driving back to her apartment. And it was starting to rain.

'Great. Just great. A perfect day for my perfect mood.' she sarcastically thought.

But through all this rain, she didn't realize that there was someone on the road in front of her that just came out from the forest.

'CRASH'

"Oh no." she immediately stooped the car and got out and ran beside the person she bumped her car with. She realized it was an unconscious guy on the road in front of her car because of the light of the car.

He had jet black hair with perfect side burns, two pierced earings on both ears. But his clothes were torn up a bit. And she could see some slight tattoos in him. He wore a long black jacket and spotted pants.

As soon as she realized that he wasn't moving, she checked his heart beat as she pressed her ears on his chest. But she couldn't hear anything. She was starting to get worried and immediately checked his pulse. Nothing.

"Oh no. He's, no. What have I done. I can't let him die. Maybe there is still time." she said and placed her hand on his chest and started pumping it repeatedly.

And then, she hesitated when it came to mouth to mouth CPR. She had just a break and she's not ready to deal these things with a guy. But she doesn't have a choice. And neither did she care if she's wet from the rain. She needs to save him.

She opened his mouth and pressed her mouth with his and blew air inside. And then went back to pumping his chest. And went back to his mouth. But suddenly, before she even got to mouth to mouth, she felt warm air hit her face, even through all the rain, she felt it.

She placed her hand on his mouth, and felt his warm breath in her palm. "Thank goodness. He's breathing. He's alive." she said and started dragging him into her car.

"I gotta get him to a hospital. But I don't know if they're still open at this hour." she then checked the time on her watch. It was already 12am. There was no time. So she decided to get him to her apartment and take care of him. She placed him in the back seat and started the car and drove back to her apartment.

Time Skip ~
She made it to her apartment, and into her room. And she was thankful that his brother, Zoro, didn't notice. Once she got him inside her room, she immediately placed him on her bed in her bedroom. She started taking off his wet jacket so that he won't get sick.

But then, she saw small wounds and cuts on his tattooed body. So she immediately took first aid kit from her drawers and started treating his injuries. Once she finished bandaging him, she took a dry towel and started drying him off, but she didn't dried herself first. And she could see the amazing detail of his tattoos, all the way from his hands, to his shoulders, and to his chest. But she just quickly ignored it.

When she started drying his hands, she saw the words written on his fingers 'DEATH' One letter each finger. She wondered why death was written in it, but she didn't mind anyway as she continued. Her wet dress was really soaked and it started to drip on the floor.

"I guess I better dry myself." she said and took her sleeping clothes and went to the bathroom to change. When she got out, she went back inside the bedroom and wiped the wet floors. She then took a chair and sat beside the bed facing the guy.

"I'm so sorry. It's my fault that you're hear. But I promise that by tomorrow, I will get you to a hospital. I will get you treated well." she said and started to cover him with the blankets.

'I hope that by tomorrow, this guy will be out of my life. It was my fault he got into this situation. But still, I had to save him. But the problem is he's a guy. I just broke up with, someone earlier, and then this guy comes in here. I will take him to the hospital tomorrow. Ugh, I still have a job tomorrow. I better set the alarm to 7am. And I better sleep already. It's late.' she thought and adjusted the alarm clock in the desk beside her. Then she placed her head beside the bed, waiting for herself to fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Where am I. It's so dark in here.

"Hello, master." I heard someone said.

"Who's there." I searched around, but it was completely dark.

Where the hell am I.

"Come, master. Take my hand." I heard the same voice again. Then suddenly, a light shined in front of me. And someone was standing before it.

It was a guy. I don't know who. I saw his features, except for his eyes. He was somehow familiar.

"Take my hand master." he said, with a smirk on his face. And I just found myself grabbing his hand.

"From now on, I will make all of your wish granted."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~