Chapter 60: The Trade

Zephania's POV ~
my heads hurts. I opened my eyes and my vision was spinning. I tried moving but my body was strapped to a chair, with my hands tied behind me.

Where am I, everything is so dark. I can't see anything. Until a minute later, a door opened in front of me, bright light coming from outside. Somebody came in, when I could finally see clearly, I saw the man I met earlier. The sandman with a large scar across his face and a golden hook for a hand.

"Who are you! What do you want!"

"You don't know me? Your parents probably never mentioned me. Too bad." the man said. He mentioned my parents. Did he knew them?

"What's this have to do with my parents?"

"Nothing related really. I just heard that you own something very valuable and powerful." he said and pulled out my necklace from his coat. Wait, I remember now, he took that from me. That means he really does know about Law.

"Give that back. It doesn't belong you."

"It will somehow. I always get what I want. Unlike your parents." he keeps talking about my parents.

"How do you know my parents. They're-"

"Dead?" he cut me off before I could finish.

"H-How do you know that?" He seemed so confident, like he knows something.

"I guess they really kept their mouth shut until the very end, and for what? To protect you? How foolish."

"What are you talking about?" I was starting to get really confused yet really scared at what he's been saying over and over about our parents.

"I guess there's no point hiding it, since you're going to die anyway." he then came up to me and whispered in my ear.

"I killed your parents."

"N-No. We got into an accident. It was accident!"

"I ordered my men to hunt your parents down, since they knew too much about our organization. They should've stayed quiet and be grateful that they got a job from my casino. Unfortunately, they just had to pay the price for going against me, with their life." he said and pulled back. So the place they worked at, is owned by this man?

This can't be true. He's lying right? All this time, I've told myself that everything was because of an accident. That it was no one's fault, but I somehow blamed myseIf for not being strong enough to protect them, even as a kid.

If what he's saying is true, then all this time, the person who killed our parents is roaming around free, and I couldn't even do anything about it! If only I knew! My ignorance is such a crime! My vision was getting blurry, and I felt something warm fall down my face.

"Now you're crying? That was a long time ago. I have other business with you."

"Shut up! If only my hands weren't tied, I would kill you myself right now!" I cried while I struggle with my binds.

"Too bad, you can't. You already tried that earlier, and you failed. Now, about what I want."

"I don't fucking care what you want! Untie me so I could kill yo- Ah!"

"You have quite a mouth brat." that bastard freaking slapped me.

"Yeah? Well no shit." I spatted as I spit the blood from my mouth.

"It doesn't matter. All we have to do now is wait for your boyfriend to come, and I'll make sure I get what I want."

"Heh, he'll never listen to you. He already has me. There's nothing in the world you can do to change his mind." I said.