Chapter 27

Tyler's POV

We're back home, now. I'm sad that warped is over, but it's good to be home.

My phone rang and I was super surprised by who it was. My really good friend Aaron Melzer from SECRETS. Haven't talked to him in forever. Him and his band were on warped but somehow we never got the time to talk.

I answered.

"Yo, Aaron!"

What's up, Tyler? It's been so long!

"Seriously has! And nothing special. What's up with you?"

Well, I asked Alexa to marry me.

"No fucking way! You finally got the balls?"

Shut up. Anyways, you, sir, are going to be my best man. Already decided.

"Yes! Totally! Thank you so much!"

Thank you? You're basically my best friend! Don't thank me. But, I'm so glad you're up to it!

"Okay, okay. But, we need to chill! We have talking to do about this wedding!"

Yes, of course. Alexa and I need help with it.

"I'm not doing anything, I can come by now if that's cool."

Yeah, totally. See you in a bit.

I hung up.

Michael is at the store right now getting groceries since the kitchen was empty when we got back yesterday. I sent him a text.

"Going to a friend's. Be back to tonight. Love you!"

I set my phone on the counter and went to the restroom before making my way out the door and over to Aaron's.

Michael's POV

I got back to the house and Tyler's car wasn't there.

When I got inside with the groceries, I got my phone out to call him.

I had a text from him saying that he was going to a friend's.

I was going to call him anyways to ask what friend he's going to see, but I noticed his phone on the counter. He must have accidentally left it.

I noticed he had a text from a guy named Aaron. It obviously wasn't his brother. I don't think I know any other Aaron other than his brother.

For some reason I looked at the text, even though it wasn't really my business, and I regretted it.

"I love you so much for this!"

I turned off Tyler's phone.

There has to be another explanation for that. Tyler would never do that. Tyler is such a sweet person, he would never want to hurt me. Would he?

I took a shower and tried to go to bed.

I couldn't sleep because I couldn't stop thinking about where Tyler was and if he was with another guy. So, I watched TV and waited for him.

By the time I gave up on waiting for Tyler, I was too tired to stay up, so I went to bed and actually succeeded this time.

--

I woke up to the sound of the front door opening.

It's morning and he said he was going to be home last night.

I got up and went downstairs to ask him why he didn't come home like he said he would.

He was looking in the fridge when I got down there.

"Why didn't you come home last night?" I asked.

He jumped and spun around.

"Shit! Michael, you scared me!" He said. "And it was late so I just stayed over there."

"Over where?" I said.

"At Melzer's." He said.

"You mean at Aaron's. Your 'friend'."

"Yes, Aaron Melzer. I always call him Melzer." He said. "Why are you acting weird?"

"I'm not. You told me that you were going to be home last night and you weren't." I said. "Why didn't you call?"

"I left my phone by accident."

"Oh, yeah. That's right. That's how I know you were with this Aaron guy. He texted saying how much he 'loves you for this'. What all did you do?"

"Uh, talked about his and Alexa's wedding." He said.

"Great, so he's sneaking around with someone else behind his significant other's back too." I said.

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"You know what I'm talking about!"

"Michael, Aaron called to tell me he proposed to Alexa and that he wants me to be his best man at his wedding!" He said. "This is Aaron from SECRETS that we're talking about! One of my best friends!"

I couldn't come up with a come back because I knew that he was telling the truth.

"Do you really not trust me?"

I knew that if I said I do, he wouldn't believe me. So, I didn't say anything.

"We need a break." He said.