Chapter 7

Tyler's POV

It's been really awkward ever since Michael kissed me. I really don't know why I told him about Rachel. He worries even more than he did before. I hate that he's worried about me.

I don't know how I feel about Michael. He's a great friend and all, but I don't know how I feel about being in a relationship with him. I have only ever been with guys, but Michael is a friend. He is cute like I said the first day we met. We're friends now, I think.

Michael's POV

I feel really bad about kissing Tyler. I wanted to and I thought he wanted me to, but ever since then, he's been acting awkward around me. Every time I try to get close to him again, he just pushes me away.

I thought everything would be better after he told me what's going on, but it's only worse. I try to help him, but he just will not let me.

I want to be there for him, I want to help him, I want him to be happy.

I decided to call him and make sure he remembered that the meeting with Craig is later. Making up excuses to talk go him, really.

Hello?

"Hey, meeting is today. Thought I'd check and make sure you remembered."

Oh, yeah. Thanks.

"No problem. So, um, are you doing anything right now?

No.

"Do you want to come over or something? We could hang out until the meeting."

Yeah, sure.

"Okay, cool."

--

Tyler got here.

I hugged him when he came in the door.

"I kind of need to talk to you about something." He said.

"What is it?"

We sat down on the couch. I pulled him into my side and he rested his head on my shoulder.

Tyler's POV

I sat close to Michael on the couch and rested my head on his shoulder. It gave me shivers down my spine to be close to someone.

"I know that you like me, Michael. And I like you, too. I just, I think we should keep this just friends."

I know that I'm upsetting him, but what else am I supposed to do? I can't act like I want to be with him when I don't. But, do I? Do I want to be with him? I tell myself that I don't, but I've been telling myself a whole bunch of bull shit lately.

"But," He started. "I understand."

I smiled and relaxed into his side.

"But, Tyler,"

"Yes?"

"I know that people have given up on you in the past. They gave up because they thought you were hopeless." I said. "I want you to know that I'm always going to be there. I'm not going to give up on you."