Chapter 3

Tyler's POV

I'm not sure why, but Rachel has really been on my mind this morning. I feel like I've betrayed her. I told myself that I wouldn't do music without her and here I am. Signed, meeting other musicians, doing music.

I don't know what she would want me to do. Would she want me to continue?

It was about eight and I decided to go ahead and call Michael.

Hello?

"Hey, it's Tyler."

Hey, man!

"So, you want to just meet, or I could pick you up? It's up to you."

We can meet somewhere. Ever been to Jimmy's Egg?

"Nope."

Dude, their bacon is to die for. Want to meet up there?

"Yeah, totally. In twenty minutes?"

Yep. See you there.

"K, bye."

--

I pulled up to Jimmy's Egg and saw Michael standing outside. I had to Google him so I knew what he looks like so I would recognize him.

I got out of the car and he saw me.

I walked up to him.

He held out his hand to shake mine. He is a lot cuter in person.

"This place better be good." I said.

"I swear it is." He said.

Michael's POV

Man, Tyler really is cute like I was told. Cuter than I imagined.

We walked into Jimmy's Egg and it smelled like bacon.

We were sat at a table and we both got orange juice and looked at the menu.

I got two pancakes, potatoes, and bacon.

Tyler got three pancakes, eggs, and bacon.

"So, let's talk." I said.

"Alright, what do you want to know?" He asked.

"What type of music do you want to play?"

"I'm really interested in metal core and post hardcore." He said.

I nodded.

"I've only ever sang. I can't scream like you can."

"That's fine. I'm not at all interested in another screamer. I really like mixing things up. Can you rap?"

He shook his head. "I mean, I can sing fast and I like singing fast. But, it's not the hardcore, grunge rap like Eminem, for example. My voice is pretty high."

"Definitely want to hear it later. One of the reasons Woe, is Me didn't work out for me is because we didn't have the same taste. I wanted to be in a band with a really good singer, maybe a DJ. I don't know, I like a lot of different things. I didn't like the genre I was in."

"A DJ? Okay, that's cool. I know a DJ that's really interested in being in a band. I didn't know if you would be up for it."

"Really? That's awesome. Do you know any more instrument players?"

"Yes, a bass player. Actually, the DJ, Ty and the bass player, Sky are twin brothers."

"Sweet, I know a drummer."

I pulled a few pieces of paper out of my pocket that had some songs on them. I handed them to him.

"I want you to tell me what you think about these songs. And if there's anything you feel can be added or changed, feel free to share it with me."

He nodded and unfolded the papers.

He seemed to like them so far. None of the songs have names.

He showed me a few things that could be changed. I really like what he came up with. Better than what I had.

"I really like these songs." He said. "I'm completely in to working with you."

I nodded. "I don't want to make any promises. I want to hear your voice first. I'm not really interested in how good your voice is. I've heard from some of the most talented people I know that you are super talented. It's your style I really want to hear."

He nodded.

We finished eating and headed to Tyler's house. He called over the DJ and bass player he knew.

We got to his house.

"All the things I've written are saved on my lap top."

He turned on the laptop and handed it to me.

"Feel free to go through them."

I did and there were some really good things on here.

There were some that were saved as "Me and Rachel's lyrics". I didn't look at them, because the things that were just his were saved as "My lyrics". I didn't have the right to go through things I wasn't given permission to go through.

I really do like his stuff, though.

"I really like all this. A lot. The lyric style was a lot similar to my lyric style." I handed the computer back to him. "So, show me your voice."

The DJ and bass player got here.

Tyler began singing his lyrics.

I listened for a couple minutes. He does have a really gifted voice.

"I really like your voice and I really like the way you sing." I said.

"So?" He said.

"I'm in."