Chapter 10

Michael's POV

Tyler's left arm has twitched twice. He hasn't opened his eyes or said anything. Right now, A.J and I are at the McDonald's down the street from the hospital getting something to eat. He didn't act surprised when I told him that I love Tyler. A.J doesn't really react to anything, though. He's kind of emotionless. I don't think I've ever seen him as concerned as he is today.

We ate and got in the car to head to Sky and Ty's house.

We decided to crash there for tonight and go to check in on Tyler tomorrow morning.

I hope he wakes up tomorrow so I can just hold him in my arms.

--

We woke up the next morning and headed to see how Tyler's doing.

We got there and he was wide awake.

"Tyler!" I said.

It seemed like he wanted to say something, but he didn't.

"Can I talk to you all real quick?" The doctor in there said.

We went into the hallway.

"Tyler has been improving rapidly. When he first woke up at three in the morning, he couldn't carry on a conversation. He can now. However, he's having trouble processing things and he has no memory of what happened to him. But, he has gained more and more memory of his life since he woke up, so I think he will remember eventually." He explained. "You all are very lucky. If he were to have been there just a minute longer, he wouldn't have made it."

The thought of that hit me hard. If I wouldn't have been there, he would have died. He wouldn't be here.

We went into the room. Tyler recognized us.

"Guys," He said.

I sat next to him. He grabbed my shirt and pulled me into him.

"I'm sorry." He said.

The guys left the room. I don't know why, I guess they thought we needed a minute.

Tyler pulled me into the bed with him.

"I'm sorry I did this to you, Michael."

He does remember what he did.

He layed his head on my chest.

"Shh," I tried to make him feel okay.

It feels like it's been forever since I've felt his touch. I don't know why, though.

I guess I was afraid I would never feel his touch again.

I would have missed him so much. It scares me to think about the person I would have turned into. I can't handle another heartbreak like the one I had after my mother died. If I lost Tyler, I would never be the same person again. I would have turned into some psycho freak that has to be hospitalized and put on medication. I don't handle things very well, that's how I know I would turn crazy. I wouldn't be able to handle it and I would let myself go. I would live a life of numbness if I lost Tyler.