Chapter 22

Michael's POV

Today was the last show of the American Dream Tour. It has been a great time, but I am ready to get home and sleep in my bed.

We also switched back bus spots with Alan and Tino about two weeks ago. That whole thing lasted a lot longer than I thought it would.

When the guys asked what happened to my jaw, I told them I fell when I was carrying Tyler back to the bus the night of all the events. They seemed to believe me, but I'm not sure.

--

Tyler and I got dropped off at my house.

We decided that he's going to move in. Seems a little soon for that, I know, but I still don't feel comfortable enough to leave him alone anywhere. He doesn't know that, though. I told him that I hate being away from him. That's half way true. I don't like being away from him, that's just not the only reason he's moving in.

Tyler and I have been getting along a lot better than I thought we would after what happened.

I've tried to look at the bright side of it and all I got was that Tyler was defending his feelings, he just did it in a very unnecessary way. I defended myself after he hit me. It shows both of us that neither of us are afraid to fight back and stand up for ourselves. It shows strength in both of us. That's the only positive thing I can get out of that scenario.

Tyler is a gentle, harmless person. He really is. His best friend died and I asked him to move on. If we switched places, I would have been just as angry as he was.

I thought about how I would feel if I lost Tyler like I almost did. I would be angry as hell. I would never be able to move on. I know for a fact that if I did lose him and someone told me to move on, I would have been furious.

I would have never been able to cope with the loss of him.

Tyler and I layed in bed and watched a dumb reality show on MTV.

"Can I ask you something?" Tyler said.

"Of course." I said.

"Why did you forgive me so quick?" He asked.

I grabbed the TV remote and turned the volume down.

I looked over at him.

"Because," I said. "I love you."

"Yeah, but," He said. "I don't know. When that happened, I thought I had ruined everything we had between us. Somehow you were able to forgive me."

I grabbed his arm and pulled him into my side. He rested his head on my shoulder and I traced circles on his back.

"I forgave you because I know that you didn't mean to hurt me. I know that what I was saying set you off. I shouldn't have told you to move on. I realized that I made mistakes, too. That's why I forgave you for yours." I said. "And because I'm in love with you."

He looked up and kissed me. "I guess we're in love with each other, then." He said.