Chapter 24

Tyler's POV

We're in Utah for our first Warped Tour show.

I've spent years going to Warped, now I'm on Warped. Isn't that crazy?

Doors are about to open and there are tons of people lined up.

We have to do a Warped photo shoot. Since we're not a big headliner, our show is pretty early, so the photo shoot is later. Right now, Michael, Josh, Sky, Scout and A.J. are doing a interview with Bryan Stars in the back lounge.

Earlier, Michael said he did an interview with Bryan back in his Woe days.

I went into the back lounge and sat next to Michael. He smiled at me and put his arm around my shoulders.

"You're Tyler, the lead singer?" Bryan said.

"Yep."

"Cool." He said. "So, you guys are a new band. What's it like to be on Warped so early in your career?"

"Uh," Michael started. "It's pretty overwhelming."

"Yeah, it is." I said. "We don't know what's going on after Warped. We think we're going to take some time to work on new music. So, we'll get a break when Warped's over."

"Yeah. What's it like touring together? You seem like really close friends." He said, referring to Michael and I. "Do you get along with each other while on a bus together?"

Sky laughed. "Yeah, just close friends."

The others laughed. "I was about the say the same." Josh said.

Bryan looked confused.

"Tyler is my boyfriend." Michael said.

"Oh, I see." Bryan said, smiling.

"But, yeah, we usually get along. We have our days, though." I said.

"We usually try to be chill. We don't take things seriously that shouldn't be taken seriously." Scout said. "When we were off tour, we barely talk to or see each other. Except for Michael and Tyler, considering they live together. So, when we got back on the road, we had things to talk about. We work it out."

--

We walked to the monster stage, where we were playing our show.

"So, when Bryan uploads the interview video, the fans will know about us." Michael said.

I nodded. "Yeah. How do you feel about that?"

"Better now than later." He said.

A few girls came up to us, screaming.

A.J. jumped back a bit and stopped walking. I bumped into him.

"Dude, it's okay." I said. I patted his back.

"Can we have a picture?" One of them said.

"Yeah, totally." Michael said.

We all gathered for a group picture, then we had to get to the stage.

The show was hot and sweaty. I couldn't even imagine how hot it was for the kids in the pit.

We began playing Princeton Ave.

Princeton is a song I wrote about my mom and a man she was with once. He would hit her all the time. He had a daughter that got taken away from him and he encouraged them to take her.

My early childhood was pretty stable and happy. Then, my dad started seeing other women and got into arguments with my mom a lot. He left and it only got worse.

My life wasn't stable until just a couple years ago.