Chapter 23

Tyler's POV

We've been home for almost two weeks. We spent a couple days after we got back resting and getting used to home again. Now, we're getting me moved in. Micheal and I boxed up my stuff, just like we have been for the past week. I'm really happy to be moving in with him.

My next door neighbor, who is basically my grandmother, came outside when she saw the moving truck.

"Saw the truck. You moving?" She said.

"Yep." I said.

"Where to?"

Michael came outside with a box.

"I'm moving in with my boyfriend." I said, pointing towards Michael.

He sat the box down. "Hey, I'm Michael." He said, reaching his hand out.

"I'm Dorothy, so nice to meet you." She said, shaking his hand.

Michael smiled. He picked the box back up and took it to the truck.

"Goodness, if I was still young, I'd be stealing that one from ya." She said.

I laughed at her comment. "I guess he's pretty cute. He's a pain in the ass, though!"

"Heard that!" Michael called from the truck.

She giggled. "Well, I'll leave you to your work. I'll miss having you as a neighbor." She said.

"You're basically my grandmother, Dorothy. I'll visit you all the time."

"I would love that!" She said.

"Alright," I said.

She smiled and went back into her house.

"She's nice." Michael said.

"Yes, very. Like a grandmother to me." I said. It's true. She's done so much for me, I could never be grateful enough for Dorothy.

We went back inside and continued boxing and loading.

We're keeping a lot of my stuff, like furniture, in a storage unit.

--

A few hours went by and all my stuff was packed up.

"Time to drop some stuff off at storage and then head to my house." Michael said. "Wait, my bad. Our house."

I smiled and hugged him. "I love you, Baby Love."

I wasn't looking at his face, but I knew he was blushing.

"I love you too, babe."

We got in the truck and headed to the storage unit. It didn't take long to get what we needed into the unit and head to the house. I didn't have much. Just clothes, really. I didn't need anything else.

Michael's POV

We finished putting Tyler's stuff in the house. Now, we're cuddling on the couch, watching The Walking Dead.

"You know, Michael," He said. "I'm a lot happier than I have been the last few months."

I smiled. "Is that the truth?"

"Yes. You've made me happy." He said. "I feel like you came into my life at the perfect time."

"Even before Rachel died, I wasn't the person I am now."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Well," He said. "I grew up in a very unstable home. My mom was never treated the way she should have been, but it was mainly her fault. She always got with the wrong guy. My dad left when I was a young teenager. When I was seventeen and my brother was fourteen, my mom went on a rampage. She kicked us out and we were living on the streets for a while. You know Dorothy, the woman you met today?"

I nodded.

"She took us in. We were lucky enough to meet her and she changed our lives. When I was eighteen, my mom came back around. She had gotten help and she met a guy. They got married and it's all been okay since." He said. "But, that all messed me up a little bit, you know?"

"That's crazy." I said. "What about your little bother? Where's he?"

"He lives with a friend and his family over in Kansas. He refuses to forgive our mom for what she did. I haven't seen him or talked to him since I was seventeen, when he moved. I'm twenty-three, now. It's been a while."

"Damn. That's terrible." I said.

"But, it doesn't matter. I'm here with you. That's the best thing I could ask for." He said.

I kissed him. "I love you."